Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with LCD screen

• 03-10-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Have a LCD screen connected to a laptop but can barely see the image. Tried adjusting contrast etc to see if that was the issue but as I cannot see the image I'm not sure what I'm adjusting. But I don't think its as simple as that.

The original power supply for the screen was lost so I'm using another supply unit. The rating on the screen is 12V DC 3A. While the output from the new supply is +12V 1.0A.

I'm no use with electricity etc so could this be the problem i.e. the screen is not getting enough power or the correct power to work correctly ?

- gm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,197 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well theres your problem goof. Your screen is getting 1/3 of the power it needs to operate. You need to find a power supply that matches the one you had. Do not go over that - or you will fry the monitor. Come to think of it dont use the monitor the way you are now. could be just as damaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gallantman

Thanks - thats what I presumed !!

No chance of damaging the screen cause I cannot see a thing - even squinting very hard!!!!

Might put my decision to train as a "sparky" on hold !!!

gm.

Advertisement