Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCHSS money...when?

• 03-10-2009 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Anybody have a date for when we get the cash? A friend of mine rang just to check and got some kind of tale about waiting for Dept. of Education funds. So are we looking at mid-Oct or late-Oct?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Same story with us from our unhelpful as ever grad office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Its damn frustrating. I mean surely they know a grad student is not exactly in the best position to keep holding out for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

When I was getting this it was always delayed by a few weeks. So I wouldn't count on it arriving too soon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Its the same every year and never more than a days notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Its very annoying. I went over to the student admin place and the cheques for most people were there. So I ask and they can't find mine...so I'm freaking out a little until they tell me I need to fill in a tax exemption form. So I do and I hand it back and they tell me it will take a week or so to process the form! Nobody had told me about the form and nobody had told me when to collect the money (I had to ring and got directed to the admin at my University). So now I'm in some kind of weird place where I don't know when to go back and collect it. Most confusing thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Historia

Just have a quick query. Has anyone heard when exactly the money from the October stipend will be in from their respective universities? I tried asking our Fees Office but they said it could be any time between now and Halloween!

I am heading abroad on Monday on a research trip for a few weeks and I won't have access to internet and I just wanted to have an idea about the money so I could budget on the trip!

Advertisement