Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Closed

Options
  • 03-10-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

Could someone please explain the grounds that this thread was closed on:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055700127

There was a similar thread which was closed abruptly but there have been many similar threads that have stayed open.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You have the ability to politely ask the local moderator.

The mods last response in that thread seems to explain it enough!
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    We've had this thread. And free-man, if you want a moderator job, fill in the appropriate forms like everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭free-man

Sparky wrote: »
    You have the ability to politely ask the local moderator.

The mods last response in that thread seems to explain it enough!

What part of the charter was broken in the thread?

Just curious as there were numerous Blair for EU President threads with similar themes which weren't closed as one example.

I understand some people got caught up in name calling on another thread and that's why that thread was closed.

It was a legitimate issue and deserved a chance to be properly discussed (in my opinion)

Is the appeal process limited to the mod at the time or can others weigh in?

Guys,

Any update?

Its almost been 2 days since the last response.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Did you PM the mod and ask?

Gordon wrote: »
    Did you PM the mod and ask?

Hi Gordon,

I didn't appeal it with the mod who abruptly closed the thread as I can't see how this would really help.

It was the mod's decision to close it down so I imagine it's a rare thing that a mod would reverse his decision like this.

This is why I was hoping you might let me know if there is a process where other mods can weigh in on the issue. I think I've seen it on other threads here in helpdesk but I may be mistaken.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I wouldn't assume that the mod would not reverse his decision without finding out tbh.

Advertisement