Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pearly Penile papules

• 03-10-2009 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Mods,

A number of lads here may be worried if they have Genital Warts, I agree that the best diagnosis is to get to the doc asap. For the sake of the nervous few, I suggest that people Google Image...

... "Pearly Penile Papules"

This may put some minds to rest, they are commonly mistaken for an STD/STI. They are harmless, non contagious and non life threatening!

"The pearly penile papules are a normal part of the skin’s anatomy. It’s completely innocent and requires no treatment. They will appear and disappear over time and reports state that they decrease in men with age.

With every man, keeping the genital area clean is important to keeping it free of skin disorders. Pearly penile papules are not a disorder but a common skin function for certain men. With this said, no therapy needs to be followed other than common penis hygiene. Do not, under any circumstance, pop, pick or try to squeeze these Pearly penile papules, this will cause scarring and infection which will make the Pearly penile papules seem small in comparison."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

Thanks for this. It had me worried for a while before I finally saw the doc and got the all-clear. God did I wish I had known about it / gone earlier. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

No problem Terodil, nothing worse than not knowing, fair play for going to the doc though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Craic Lads.

I just thought I'd have my input on this "warning"

Alot of people have the same fears that "Fordyces Spots" are some sort of STD or somethin' like that. They're not.

Google it and you'll know.

They're little white spots on your penis or ballbag. Sometimes there are a couple, sometimes there are loads. They are harmless. You don't need to go to a doctor, 'cause he'll tell you the same. The only real problem for people with them is the nervousness about how they might look to a sexual partner. (Most people won't notice or won't care)

Apparently 80% (Don't hold me to that exact figure) of PEOPLE (Men & Women) have them.

Some clinics do laser treatment to remove them. Some places sell creams that can help. For proper details, look it up. Or talk to a friend. Chances are he, or someone you know, has them too.

P.S. Sorry if someone already explained or started a thread about this. Couldn't see any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

lads i gotta say thanks for this thread

i was in the clinic in college about this recently and they said it didnt look like genital warts but just to be sure go to the regional sti clinic

i was googling for a while or whatever but couldnt find pictures as i wasnt searching for the right thing, this seriously puts my mind at rest. still gonna go in to the clinic and get the full works but puts my mind at rest

Advertisement