Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing opito courses for offshore work

Options
  • 03-10-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all, I have just finished my MIST course from opito and I am about to do the BOSIET course and I am just wondering if there are any offshore workers on the boards who may have some tips for me to get work. I've been driving towercranes and slinging/banking cranes for 10 years now but with the current downturn i am looking to the oilrigs to gain employment. I know i will be starting at the very bottom as a roustabout but even to get a job like that is very difficult on the north sea rigs. my aim is to get on a rig as a roustabout and after maybe 6 months offshore do the rigging and banksman courses and eventually after a couple of years get onto the cranes. If there is anyone out there who has experiance in this area feel free to add
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Hi Richie

As far as i know you need a g5 offshore crane lisence.
    I know of a few courses you need to take as well.but they are in Norway.
    But i am sure they have equal courses over in the UK.

You can check this link to give some insight

http://www.smsc.no/pics/Crane_intro.pdf

Advertisement