Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10000th PG grant thread

Options
  • 03-10-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Sorry, I know there are loads of similar threads already. I'm just fairly stuck and not sure where to look so even a point in the right direction would be really appreciated :-)

Doing a masters this year having just finished my undergrad degree. I've always gotten some portion of the grant, 100% in first year, 50% in second year and in my final two years I got 25% of the grant. My registration was paid each year.

I applied as usual this year for the masters and they came back to say that they'd pay half my tuition fees, my registration fee with no maintenance, which I'm having a hard time understanding because I couldn't imagine there has been that much of a dramatic change in my parents wages.

My masters course is costing 2000 in total, and has no registration. I've had to pay 1000 for this.

The people at the county council said they never pay more than 3000 of the tuition fees anyway but I had heard that the grant would cover a postgrad course up to 6000approx?? I just want to know is this correct?

Thanks for any help in advance :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

getting a vec local grant myself,

the monies have been cut a lot since my last undergrad

from 4,000e yr3 and 5,000e yr4 per annum to just over 3,000e this year....

cutbacks i reckon

Advertisement