Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Despite FIFA10 being a fantastic game...

Options
  • 03-10-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

The Be A Pro mode is borked. Broken. Unplayable at times.

First of all, the positioning system is completely wrong. If I'm a left winger and a player on the right is swinging a cross into the box, I would expect my player to drift slightly into the box on the far side. But no, I have three directional arrows telling me to stick further out wide, to an extent where I'm practically hogging the touchline. Then say if their keeper catches the ball and smacks it down the field, even if I'm holding down sprint I have two minus marks on positioning by the time I'm able to track back enough.

I'm given two players to mark at times, and both of them could be up to 15 metres apart, yet unless I'm able to deliver a perfectly good tackle on the player, I have a minus for defence. If I'm marking one of the players and the other player receives a pass, I get another minus mark.

Half my perfectly weighted passes to my team mates don't register at times, half my perfectly times tackles don't register at times, but the worse one is when the ball goes out of play. If its a throw in or something and a little cut scene comes on, I automatically press A to skip it. Yet whenever the play starts up again, I see my player waving his hand looking to receive the ball, EVEN THOUGH ITS THE OTHER TEAM THAT HAS THE THROW IN. Obviously they won't throw it to me, and I'm left with a minus mark. That's happened to me at least 3 times a game.

There's lots of off-field criticisms too. Unless I'm captain, the only way I can find out where I'm playing is by sitting throw the cut-scenes before the match and see what formation is laid out on-sceen. My main position is central attacking midfielder, yet because I'm a lefty I'm stuck out on the wing for my first few games. The only way I can check if I'm being moved out to my natural position is watching the cut-scenes every match.

BAP is a great concept, and I played it a lot on 09 despite its faults, but I don't think I can touch it anymore this year. It needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom to make it fun again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

and the keepers are muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sounds about the same as '09 then...Which was ridiculous at times (and not really worth sticking out after I did!). Think I'll focus on the Manager mode this year after missing out on it in 09.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Agree with you OP on the positioning. I have my player as a central midfielder yet for some reason the arrows have me pretty much playing in front of the back four as a defensive midfielder.

Anytime I go forward to help out team mates, the attack mostly breaks down and even though I'm only at the halfway line and holding the sprint button to help out in defence, the opposition are past me and have scored.

Annoying.

Also if I'm in a good position in the box waiting to receive a cross or a short pass in a good area the CPU blatantly ignores me even though I'm pressing A for them to pass it to me. Fcuking frustating seeing as it has taken me about 10 odd minutes to get up into the opposing box.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Be-A-Pro was very frustrating last year too. I was Ribery and signed for Barca and was automatically put in Yaya Toure's DM position :confused:

Advertisement