Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for contents in rented house

Options
  • 03-10-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I am in a rented house with two others (all three names on lease). I want to get insurance for my contents in the house - can anyone tell me if they have such insurance and what company they used?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I have used both Axa and 123.ie in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cliokat

Tanx for the references.

The one company I had tried to date quoted me, when I read the small print in the terms and conditions, it said the landlord had to be resident in the house. The agent then had the neck to tell me that the detail in the t and c didn't matter - bet they'd have had a different story if I tried to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I've got contents-only insurance with Ulster Bank - I don't think you need to be an existing customer to get it either. No requirement for the landlord to be resident in the property either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Ptsb have good contents ins as well. I have mine and it costs around 10e pm for up to 20k worth of contents

Advertisement