Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 vs N85

• 03-10-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

My N95 finally packed in last week, I was on to Vodafne and they toldmethat the N85 was the replacement to this as stocks of the N95 have dried up. Any opinions on this phone re specs etc. It is on sale a lot cheaper than the N95.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

No where near as good as a 95, tell them to get their finger out of their ass and get you your due replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

No where near as good as a 95, tell them to get their finger out of their ass and get you your due replacement
    I made a big mistake holding back, could have got the N95 two weeks ago but held back thinking it would be the N97. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

both very similar phones, but I would not take a n85 based on a few issues with them generally, search about others have been in same position and complained enough to get a n96/7. If offering a n8XX series even try for a n86;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is the third of forth thread on this exact thing, and all vodfone customers iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 fumpidge

Davy wrote: »
    This is the third of forth thread on this exact thing, and all vodfone customers iirc
    Ask them to make it a sticky then. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I made a big mistake holding back, could have got the N95 two weeks ago but held back thinking it would be the N97. :mad:

Will they not give you the n97? The previous times this was on here, vodafone gave the n97 as a replacement after initially offering the n85.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Davy wrote: »
    Will they not give you the n97? The previous times this was on here, vodafone gave the n97 as a replacement after initially offering the n85.

Contacted them today, (Insurance) NO way, it was N85 or nothing. I guess it will do until I can upgrade to Ifone in January.

Contacted them today, (Insurance) NO way, it was N85 or nothing. I guess it will do until I can upgrade to Ifone in January.

Is it thru vodafones insurance? Strange how they have given it to 3 people i think on here. Bit unfair to give to some and not others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I recommend contacting the insurance company again and advising them that the handsets, the N85 and N95, are not comparable, see here, advise them that you are aware they gave an N97 to several other customers in the same situation and to not do the same for you is discrimination and bad practice. If you wanted, you could also mention that you plan to contact the NCA (National Consumer Agency), who I think look after such issues, and raise the issue with them. If that fails to illicit the required response, ask to speak to a manager and repeat the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

It doesn't matter which phone you get "they" will still be able to track you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

As you have insurance, they are legally obligated to provide like for like. So it is up to you, to compare your phone to the phone they offer, and play spot the difference, then tell them why the phone they offer isn't acceptable.
    Tell them about the small claims court.

Explain to them slowly and carefully that you use the infrared port on your N95 every day.
    The N85 doesn't have an iRDA port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Rsaeire wrote: »
    NCA (National Consumer Agency)

Another useless quango,
    avoid them at all costs.
    You'll get better advise on boards than from the NCA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

T-Square wrote: »
    Another useless quango,
    avoid them at all costs.
    You'll get better advise on boards than from the NCA

While I agree, it's worth mentioning it to the insurance company to see what their response is. Raising an issue with the NCA would merely be for show, so if the issue ever went further, i.e. the legal route, it shows you were proactive in attempting to resolve the issue.

Advertisement