Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desktop Freezing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 03-10-2009 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My desktop has started to freeze lately. What willl happen is you are useing any application and everything freezes. i.e. Mouse pointer, Display Clock, etc.
    It is a self build with the following spec.

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor 3.10GHz
    Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, AMD 770 Motherboard
    Corsair VX450W 450 Watt Power Supply
    3GB-Triple-Kit Corsair TR3X3G1333C9 DDR3, CL9 RAM

I also running Windows 7 Release Candidate.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. It has happened 4 times today :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

can't help you if you're with windows 7. It's even released everywhere there are bound to be some kinks in it. When i had freezing it was because of hardware i had installed or new software/drivers. Try disabling devices and removing anything extra (such as pci cards) and usb devices. Check anti virus scans that could be slowing it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Yeah that sounds like a new bit of software, a driver or windows update gone wrong...

Look to see in the "system update" utility if there was anything installed over the last 24 hours. If there was, do a system restore to undo the update.

If that doesn't work we could start looking at the hardware... Which is not such a good thing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Control panel/ admin tools/event viewer.

match up the time of the freeze with an error and then solve it.

or post here and i/others will solve it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Most likely a driver issue.....
    Have you checked manufacurers sites for updates for Windows 7?
    I've just installed it on my HP laptop, no windows 7 drivers available for it on HP however the majority installed great by default. Only issue I had was the nvidia graphics chip. Went direct to the nvidia site and they had a driver for W7.

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Are you using this wallpaper? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Control panel/ admin tools/event viewer.

match up the time of the freeze with an error and then solve it.

or post here and i/others will solve it :D

I have done that and here is the error log.

windowslog.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

looks like AVG anti virus may be the culprit, try uninstalling it and using microsoft security essentials (free) and see what happens

Nick

Advertisement