Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Bike Clearout - Parts and Components for sale!

• 03-10-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Adverts.ie link

I'm just clearing out some bits and pieces I have lying around not being used anymore. I will sell them or trade them if anyone has any of the following things:

• 120mm stem - 6° drop (Deda Zero Servizo Corse or 3T ARX Pro or similar with black/white colour scheme).
    • 110mm step - 17° drop (3t ARX Team or similar).
    • TT Bike Parts (Bars/Saddle/Shifters/Pedals etc). Rear disc wheel and aero helmet too.
    • Triple Wheel Bags.
    • Thule Outride 561 Roof Mounted Bike Racks (Pair).

There is a collection of photos of all the things for sale here on Flickr, also click on the mosaic of thumbnails to see the Flickr set page!
    3976963973_1e622690f4_o.jpg

• Please contact me if you are anyway interested in any of the items below as we can nearly always work out a deal to suit both of us! If you but a few things together I will put together a good price for you and will surely be able to knock off a few euro here and there.
    • Note: Some prices shown here are just guide prices and are there just so you can make me an offer if I don't really know how much they are worth.
    • Also, if you buy any bar and stem combo below I will knock €10 off the price for you! Nice eh?!?! :D

1. FIZIK ARIONE SADDLE & FIZIK ICS BLINK LED REAR LIGHT: €70 including free ICS Blink light and spare battery - €10 for ICS Blink light on its own. SOLD
    This saddle is a fi'zi:k Arione Wing Flex, a lightweight racing saddle at only 250 grams. Despite the low weight, it still has an adequate amount of padding. It has easily become the most popular saddle choice in the Pro-Tour peleton, so it is definitely good enough for you. Part of the reason for this is because of the revolutionary Wing Flex technology developed by Fizik, which allows the shell of the saddle to transform with each pedal stroke providing you with maximum comfort and optimum power output. The flat design allows you to easily slide forward and back depending on your position (on the tops, huds or deep in the drops) and also the effort you are putting in. This saddle features Fizik's modern I.C.S (integrated clip system) which allows lights/saddle bags to be attached into the rear of the saddle quickly, easily and more importantly securely. I have one of the lights which I will include with the saddle for free and also a spare battery for it. The condition of this saddle is excellent, even the millimeter markings on the rails of the saddle are intact (usually the first thing to get worn on saddles). Looking at it, you could hardly tell it has been used and it proves to be a very durable saddle. I am only selling this saddle because I want to get a different colour to match my bike, so all I want is some money to put towards the new saddle. I'll ask for €70 for this including the ICS Blink LED Rear light and spare battery for it. I am sure you will agree that this is a very reasonable price, any lower than this and I might as well keep it for the other bike. No ridiculous offers please.

• The Fizik ICS blink LED rear light is €10 if you want to buy it on its own, or else I will throw it in for free when bought with the matching saddle.
    3977672196_fdee2e8444.jpg
    3977673430_7019690658.jpg

2. EASTON EC70 CNT CARBON STEM (100mm, Oversize 31.8mm, ±6°): €65 SOLD
    I have this top of the range Easton EC70 100mm carbon fiber stem which is super lightweight for sale. It came on my new bike but is just the wrong length for me so it is basically brand new, just minor marks from installation. The Easton CNT technology is becoming very advanced indeed, as is the two-bolt DST cap, which is the safest way to attach your ultra-lightweight aluminum, titanium or carbon handlebar (clamp diameter of 31.8mm for oversize bars and the standard steerer size of 1 1/8 inches). Also, it is flippable for 6° of rise or drop. Obviously very durable and made to last (very important on Irish roads) as Easton stand behind their stems with a 5-year warranty. The beauty about the carbon is it actually smooths out any roughness in the road and all the good reviews I have read actually say they feel much less road vibration. Ideal for the weight conscious out there wanting to keep the weight of their bike to the absolute minimum or just the ordinary racer looking to shed a bit of weight here and there (claimed weight of 150g for 120mm length so the 100mm is probably actually closer to 120g). It actually looks really good in real life as you can see the exquisite uni-directional carbon detailing, not just that fake looking carbon weave checkerboard pattern you get on cheap carbon wrapped stems actually made of some other material! I am asking for €65 for it as it is such an expensive stem, RRP of €149!
    3977671656_e56c25b0c2.jpg

3. SELLE ITALIA C2 GEL FLOW SADDLE (WHITE):
    €35 (ONO)
    I used this saddle for a while and did find it comfortable, but when I tried the Arione it just suited me slightly better. It is really light for its price at just 250g thanks to the manganese rails. Itwas really looked after and washed regularly to keep the white looking bling but it still shows some signs of wear. It was never crashed or anything and has no rips or tears, the only thing is that in places on the saddle, mainly the back left area, the white protective coating has warn away due to friction off the shorts and is a slightly different colour. So, it is clearly in a used condition, I am not claiming it to be brand new but I don't think many people will worry too much about this. All they want is a comfy saddle and a decent price, so I set the price accordingly at €35 which is a guide price until I find a buyer. Cannot go much lower as otherwise I would just keep it for my TT bike project!
    3976913951_687471e859.jpg

4. BONTRAGER SELECT ROAD BARS - 40cm, Oversize 31.8mm: €20 (ONO) SOLD
    NOTE: Combine this bar with the Easton stem and I will knock €10 off the price.
    I took these bars off my Trek racing bike fairly soon after I got it because I prefer an ergonomic bend. The are a very solid bar, yet lighter than most entry models at just 285g. The are made of "6061-T6 Custom Butted Aluminium of Various Radius" which means you will never have any of the worries about carbon bars! These were never crashed or even received a fall or anything, there aren't even marks from the STI lever clamps and just minor marks from where the stem was attached. I have priced these at €20 but would take the best offer I get just as long as I sell them!
    3977670290_8863f1eef6.jpg

5. GIANT A5 ALUMINIUM MTB RISER BARS: €20 (ONO)
    NOTE: Combine this bar with the Easton stem and I will knock €10 off the price.
    These Giant A5 Aluminium riser bars were taken off my Giant XTC mountain bike to swap for flat bars to get a lower narrower position for racing. These were great while I had them but didn't receive much use. Almost new condition (even still has the orange warning sticker), no marks from brake/gear lever brackets and only minor marks from where the stem was. I am not sure of the detailed specs but I do know that they weigh 315mm and are the 630mm width version. They have something roughly like a 20mm rise and a 5° sweep/upsweep, nothing too dramatic which is nice! Again, I have priced them at €20 but would take the best offer I get just as long as I sell them!
    3976912827_704295ba51.jpg

6. CONTINENTAL 40mm PRESTA VALVE EXTENSIONS: €10
    I bought these in a pre-race panic when fitting a tubular tyre and din't think my extensions would work (actually didn't know how to use them, embarrassing!) but it turns out they actually did and now I don't need these. Never even opened up or used, they come with the handy tool for removing the valve core and tightening the extensions. Please note that these are not like the cheaper ones you can get which just screw onto the valve and you must leave the valve open. These allow you to have access to the vale and keep it closed and only open it when necessary which is a huge benefit, well worth the money! I have them priced at €10 but I might just end up throwing them into a deal for someone if they buy a few things off me. I would rather keep them as spares if I was to let them go ridiculously cheap!
    3977671014_cba258c123_m.jpg

I am living in Limerick myself but I can usually travel around short distances to meet up with people (although nothing ridiculous as it wouldn't be worth my while). I can also post things if you want anywhere in Ireland usually for a couple of Euro and you can pay me by PayPal if that suits you better. I will always try to put together a good price for you and keep this thread updated to let people know whats still available and whats not! Thanks in advance for your interest, hopefully you can give some of these bits a new home! I just want to see someone getting a bit of use out of them! Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

nevermind didnt read it correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Hi Ill take The Fizik saddle and light.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭BikePure

bunnygreen wrote: »
    OK great, where are you based? Do you need me to post it to you or is collection possible? I'm based in Limerick myself! Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wingknot

I'll take the B-drop bars and Easton stem, I'm in dublin,

bunnygreen wrote: »
    wingknot wrote: »
    I'll take the B-drop bars and Easton stem, I'm in dublin,

@bunnygreen: This isn't exactly necessary "Private" so I said I would be best off to keep it out in the open to abide by the rules. I meant to ask you, are you interested in any of the other bits I'm selling while you are paying for the shipping to Dublin? Just to remind you, there are the two handlebars (road drop & mtb riser), the cheaper Selle Italia saddle and the Easton stem. No worries if you don't I'll probably find a home for them at another time anyway. Thanks! :D

@wingknot: Grand job, I can sell both of those to you alright as they are still available. Would you be willing to pay an extra couple of euro to cover the postage to Dublin? I can take payments by PayPal if that suits you ok too. Let me know, regards. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wingknot

Yes can do,PM sent.

Fizik Arione saddle and Blink LED light sold to Bunnygreen...thanks!
    Easton stem and Bontrager road drop bars sold to wingknot...thanks!

Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow saddle Giant A5 MTB Riser bars still left, along with the Continental 40mm Presta Valva Extensions. I will actually include a set of used MTB grips for free if anyone decides to buy the MTB bars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hi Bike Pure

Offer 30 euro for the selle saddle?

l'm in drogheda so delivery via an post l reckon?

l can pay you by paypal if the offer's ok on your end

thanks

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Hi Bike Pure

Offer 30 euro for the selle saddle?

l'm in drogheda so delivery via an post l reckon?

l can pay you by paypal if the offer's ok on your end

thanks

Thats sounds ok, I might just give it another short while to see if I get any other better offers closer to the asking price because it actually quite comfy and might be put on another bike if I have to sell it for too cheap! Don't worry though, that's a reasonable offer and I will keep it in mind. Postage would would be €5 extra if that's OK with you, you could pay me by PayPal alright, that's ok with me!

BikePure wrote: »
    Thats sounds ok, I might just give it another short while to see if I get any other better offers closer to the asking price because it actually quite comfy and might be put on another bike if I have to sell it for too cheap! Don't worry though, that's a reasonable offer and I will keep it in mind. Postage would would be €5 extra if that's OK with you, you could pay me by PayPal alright, that's ok with me!

So 35 including delivery?
    yeah, thats ok
    as l said, can pay you by paypal but don't leave me waiting tooooo long! ;)

cheers

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    So 35 including delivery?
    yeah, thats ok
    as l said, can pay you by paypal but don't leave me waiting tooooo long! ;)

cheers

Well that is basically the same as your original offer of 30 because I said postage would cost an additional fiver. I will wait on a while and see if I can get the original asking price of 35 if collected, 40 including postage anywhere in Ireland. If I get that amount I'll sell it straight away! Let me know what you want to do! Cheers ;)

BikePure wrote: »
    Well that is basically the same as your original offer of 30 because I said postage would cost an additional fiver. I will wait on a while and see if I can get the original asking price of 35 if collected, 40 including postage anywhere in Ireland. If I get that amount I'll sell it straight away! Let me know what you want to do! Cheers ;)

yeah offer of 35 incl delivery stands

saddle is available for 54 euro incl delivery on crc so l think its a reasonable offer but if you get the asking price from someone else no worries :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

better late than never.

Breach of forum charter, advertising here and adverts.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement