Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut

Options
  • 03-10-2009 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

My little girl is 1 and a half (20 months). Her hair just seems to be a mess! It is not long enough at the back for a bobbin but the top is so I usually just put a slide in it or a bobbin at the top of her head.

It seems to be growing out rather than down so was just wondering what is the usual age for haircut?

I was considering bringing her to one of them kiddy cuts to maybe try get a shape on it?
    Or should I try trim it myself?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's a preference thing. My preference was bring them to a hairdresser for the first cut - we did that. It's exhorbitant pricing (20 quid iirc) but you can take a photo and the hairdresser we went to put the first lock in a card noting the occasion. Pure emotional crap but we still have it and the girls are 6 now. After that do it yourself for the next few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

i was thinking the same thing a while back until a friend told me that she was advised to let her daughters hair grow out to near shoulder length first so they can get a proper shape all the way round otherwise when the rest starts to grow it will be a weird style and will be awkward to correct! I'd never heard that before but i suppose it does make sense. although many a child has done just fine with getting their hair cut young! :)
    if its annoying her then maybe get a hairband? or else bring her to a salon and ask in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I had my boy's hear cut at 14 months and again a short while ago at 19 months, and my girl's hair "cleaned up" (we want it long, but like yours it was looking messy and got into her eyes) at 18 months. I plan on cutting their hair myself later on, but they are so wriggle right now and wouldn't sit still, it is easier to have a profesional do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd vote for trimming it yourself. We do that with our little one. Works out grand. Macros: You're a muppet. :D (it's ok, I know him)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

i have an indian friend and in following their traditions he shaved the heads of both his daughters before the age of 1. supposed to make the hair grow thicker or something.
    if you do decide to get a cut those kiddi hairdresser places were doing a special for 9.99 for the last few months mid-week - worked a treat for my little boy when we last cut his hair a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Im afraid to do it myself really! Think ill go for a professional.. anyone know where them kiddy cuts places are?? Im Dublin city centre??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's one at the top of Jervis St shopping centre... near bererktex brides (sp) afair...

Oh I didn't think there was one up there, thanks a million. Ill pop in over the weekend and see what they say!

Let us know what the damage is

Will do. :D

• Advertisement

So today we went into kiddie kuts in jervis st.
    It was a great experience.
    My lil one was dying to get into the pink aeroplane.
    Got in not a bother, got her hair sprayed wet and cut. Got a lil fringe and the woman gave tips on how to style it better:D
    She sat without bother while gettin her haircut listening to barney:rolleyes:

We all came out smiling and with a certificate for "My First Haircut" with curls attached to the certificate.
    Cost 14.99.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

aw, must have been a proud day all round! :D
    thats pretty good value too!

Sounds like you had a really good time. :)

Yeah it was a good day. Id really recommend it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I love KiddieKutz! My son got his first haircut at 4 months old and I brought him there and now I bring him once a month. Its getting a little bit more expensive as I have gotten into the habit of buying him a DVD or toy while I'm there. Make sure not get into that habit.

Oh, meant to ask: Are you going to trim it next time yourself? Or will it be back to the hairdressers?

Love2love wrote: »
    I love KiddieKutz! My son got his first haircut at 4 months old and I brought him there and now I bring him once a month. Its getting a little bit more expensive as I have gotten into the habit of buying him a DVD or toy while I'm there. Make sure not get into that habit.

Yeah I was actually thinking to myself it will be a tough job bringin her when she is older as id say she will want everything:rolleyes:
    I think its pretty bad on the parents to put all the stuff there because of course the kids will want them.:(
    Khannie wrote: »
    Oh, meant to ask: Are you going to trim it next time yourself? Or will it be back to the hairdressers?

Ive been thinking about that, will have to see how it grows, the woman showed me where her natural split was so it would be easy enough.
    For the likes of xmas I might bring her to get it done.
    Her hair is pretty thin so id probably get away with it myself until she is older.:confused:

Advertisement