Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the latest Prius available in Ireland yet?

• 03-10-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've been checking out the latest Prius online, Toyota UK's website has a lot of details, but Toyota Ireland's website still has the previous Prius. Does anyone know if the latest Prius can be bought here yet, and if not, when it will be available?

I tend to take the 'official' MPG figures with a large dose of salt, so can any Prius drivers out there tell me the average MPG they get? Thanks!

J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Would you not just buy a modern diesel car? It has been proven that they are much more efficient than petrol / electric hybrids.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

unkel wrote: »
    Would you not just buy a modern diesel car? It has been proven that they are much more efficient than petrol / electric hybrids.
    and you don't need to be all smug to own one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I saw one on the road there a few weeks and they're not bad looking in comparison to the generations that went before them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks for your replies...

However, I'm not looking for a debate on Prius v Diesel ( which I've already seen several times here on Boards ). All I want to know is if the new Prius is available to buy in Ireland, if it isn't, when will it be and if some Prius owners could give me an idea of their average MPG. Thanks!

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

My guess is that Toyota have a load of the previous model left that they need to shift before they'll bring in the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

^ Probably correct. The Honda Insight isn't officially available here yet for a similar reason.

The new model does look very impressive alright. Decent poke from the 1.8 litre engine and over 72 mpg officially on the combined cycle, and only 89g CO2. Very impressive indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I spotted a new 09 one a week ago in Dublin, looks better than the last model, much bigger looking. There's a couple of them on Carzone but I don't know if Toyota main dealers are selling them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I should also say that there are some very hybrid-friendly forums out there where owners will be able to tell you what they're getting out of their cars:

greenhybrid.com, cleanmpg.com, and ecomodder.com would be my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

not launched yet due out this month i believe but there are some people bringing the new model in from uk to sell here already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks a lot, I'll check out those websites and keep an eye out for the launch / update of the Toyota website...

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Loved this !

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

homer90 wrote: »
    Loved this !

:D
    What, the big white square? Hint: All you need within the youtube tags is the ID of the video, not the complete URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Alun wrote: »
    What, the big white square? Hint: All you need within the youtube tags is the ID of the video, not the complete URL

Ya wha ?

Check your browser ...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

homer90 wrote: »
    Ya wha ?

Check your browser ...........
    Strange ... I cleared my cache and can see it now. Anyway, what you're supposed to do when embedding a YouTube movie is just to include the video's unique ID, i.e. dKTOyiKLARk in your case, between the tags and not anything else. It definitely doesn't work if you paste the whole URL in (you just see a big white square), and I was fairly certain that it didn't work when you put the whole embedded video HTML code in either, which is what you did, hence my comment. Seems I was wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I wouldn't rate anything I see on Top Gear as fact.

Advertisement