Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sport & Exercise Science

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm in 6th year at the moment and this particular course very much appeals to me. Can anyone who is currently doing it give me their thoughts on how it's going so far? Are there many jobs around for it going at the moment (or will there be many going in 5 years or so)

I see there are a lot of career opportunities, is it possible to go and do physioteraphy for a year or is that a different thing altogether?

Cheers,

Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Hi,
    I graduated from SES in august. I loved the course but its def more science that sport! I would recommand that you did physics and biology as you would have biomechanics and physiology in most semesters. But if you don't no worry too much as you'll go over the basics in first year.
    On the jobs front there is not much out there at the moment unless your willing to move to england. The majority of my class have gone on to do physio postgrads in england, some are doing undergrads in physio and a few others are doing SES related postgrads like strength and conditioning or sports rehab. Some are doing teaching postgrads aswell. The rest are unfortuanely on the dole or like myself working in a gym. Hopefully though the job opportunities will pick up soon!
    The course due to its format means that the class is very close and great craic! It was a great four years and the lectures are very helpfull and the dept is great.

Advertisement