Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows could not load the installer volume

• 03-10-2009 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi guys, tried to plug in my new external drive today and got the "windows could not load the installer volume" message. It's not showing up under 'my computer' but i can access it through disk management. If anyone has any solutions it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

format it via disk management and give it a drive letter.

assume its usb2.0 and you have usb 2.0 ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/33993-windows-could-not-load-installer.html
    http://www.supportspace.com/support/solution/Solved__Windows_Could_Not_Load_Installer_for_Volume_5559132
    Did you check either of those links or does your PC/issue have any similiar symptoms as the issues outlined and reasons for causing them?
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Currahee01

Thanks guys, but none of the above has worked. I had the blue screen of death a couple of weeks ago and a friend fixed it. This problem has only started after that. From scanning the web it seems that the windows installer could be damaged but have downloaded the latest and still no joy! It's starting to drive me mad now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Currahee01 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, but none of the above has worked. I had the blue screen of death a couple of weeks ago and a friend fixed it. This problem has only started after that. From scanning the web it seems that the windows installer could be damaged but have downloaded the latest and still no joy! It's starting to drive me mad now!!
    Are you sure you tried out what was in both my links....
    the issue you have seems very similiar to what was mentioned in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Currahee01

kippy wrote: »
    Are you sure you tried out what was in both my links....
    the issue you have seems very similiar to what was mentioned in them.

Yeah tried the supportspace solution first, couldnt find the three files in system32\dllcache so copied them in from i386 and repeated process but nothing happened at all.
    I couldnt find any sfcfiles.old files to change to .dll files as in techsupportforum.
    I can access the drive from disk management but have to change the letter every time i boot and when i copy anything over it restricts the names of the files to 8 characters so everything seems a bit muddled!
    I get the same error message when i put my usb key in but it works fine none the less!

• Advertisement
Advertisement