Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PS3] Boards Club

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:32pm

Anyone up for this?

Don't bother saying yes though if your the type who only wants to play 1v1 all the time your on and never want to play.

Looking for people who like playing as a proper team.... head sets needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

If this is for the 10 vs 10 thing I am up for it (Really have to learn the name of it :D) I am up for it, no headset though.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    If this is for the 10 vs 10 thing I am up for it (Really have to learn the name of it :D) I am up for it, no headset though.

You should try pick one up, there's only 20 odd euro, you'd need them for a lot of games these days to have an edge.

It's like the ''10 v 10 thing'', except you join a club and play with the same lads against other teams of players. Games are only ever 3-5 on each team, 10 is too many anyway(minimum of 3 needed to play. It's good if you get good players as ye can really play as a team, different experience to playing 1 v 1, i enjoy it, had some great games last year.

They changed it a bit this year as well, last year ye picked a team and all the stats were set to around 88, all teams were meant to be equal, but most picked Man Utd(as always) and France as it seemed all non-skill based stats(speed, strength) remained as they would be for the particular player(Ronaldo was better then Giggs even though they would both be 88)

But now your team is full of random default players(all with foreign names even though we picked Ireland, you'd think they'd have added some English language names :D) with various stats between 66-75.

You have to make your own player too this year, and he'll take a position on the pitch when you play, and the better you preform the higher your players stats will grow, i assume that the rest of the club's players(random defaults) will get better to reflect the progress of our players as we go.

You can even upload a ''gameface'' for your created player, you can do this through EA sports world, all you need it a clear headshot off yourself, decent camera phone works

PSN: Tribal_Army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Ok, I created one there:

Name is "Boards Ireland".

My ps3 id is: SmudgeDope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

You should try pick one up, there's only 20 odd euro, you'd need them for a lot of games these days to have an edge.

It's like the ''10 v 10 thing'', except you join a club and play with the same lads against other teams of players. Games are only ever 3-5 on each team, 10 is too many anyway(minimum of 3 needed to play. It's good if you get good players as ye can really play as a team, different experience to playing 1 v 1, i enjoy it, had some great games last year.

They changed it a bit this year as well, last year ye picked a team and all the stats were set to around 88, all teams were meant to be equal, but most picked Man Utd(as always) and France as it seemed all non-skill based stats(speed, strength) remained as they would be for the particular player(Ronaldo was better then Giggs even though they would both be 88)

But now your team is full of random default players(all with foreign names even though we picked Ireland, you'd think they'd have added some English language names :D) with various stats between 66-75.

You have to make your own player too this year, and he'll take a position on the pitch when you play, and the better you preform the higher your players stats will grow, i assume that the rest of the club's players(random defaults) will get better to reflect the progress of our players as we go.

You can even upload a ''gameface'' for your created player, you can do this through EA sports world, all you need it a clear headshot off yourself, decent camera phone works

PSN: Tribal_Army

That sounds class, cheers for the intro to it. I will well look into getting a headset then probably won't be till next week or so though :(. I heard people talking about this last year and it sounded good but of course I didn't have FIFA 09 so couldn't join it.

Oh and PSN: Reganio

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    That sounds class, cheers for the intro to it. I will well look into getting a headset then probably won't be till next week or so though :(. I heard people talking about this last year and it sounded good but of course I didn't have FIFA 09 so couldn't join it.

Oh and PSN: Reganio

Ya once you figure out that the ''Be A Pro''(same as arena) camera is a hinderance more then anything and start to use the Tele cam you can play a lot better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement