Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

So im in 6th yr doing economics,business and geo but need chemistry and biology for the course i want..i cant go back to 5th yr and change my subjects..what can i do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

what grades do you need in chem and bio?

what course do you want to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wellboss.

dentistry so the grades would need to be fairly high:confused:

unless you are really really bright i'd say it would be unlikely you would achieve the grades in biology and chemistry without affecting your other subjects.

You could have a crack at those subjects as an external student and drop some other subject in school if that would be allowed.

If dentistry is all you want you have nothing to lose by going for it with the chem and biology. At least you will have the courses completed if you need to repeat

is that dentistry in trinity or ucc or would you take either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wellboss.

UCC prob but i dont mind repeatin next yr coz ill only be 17 anyway

• Advertisement

If you did dentistry in trinity you could do agricultural science and the 'physics and chemistry' combined exam

'physics and chemistry' is supposed to be the pass elements of the 2 single courses.

ag science is supposed to be easier than biology but you have to do a project

you would need a HB3 and HC3 in the above

Advertisement