Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Government Could Not Have Continued In Office If There Had Been A "No" Vote

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

drkpower wrote: »
    If Enda Kenny is telling them to take it, he will be doing so frsh from obtaining a significant mandate from the public. Strikes only last if they have a degree of public support. The level of public support will be further decreased if they cutters have secured a fresh (and probably) overwhelming mandate.

It is not that the Ps will take it from Cowen easier than they will from Cowen; it is that they will know that the potential for a successful strike is significantly lower if directed against a freshly mandated Government.

All I can say really is I disagree. I think that if a new government comes in and brings in all the cuts that people voted out FF to avoid they'll be strung up and never get into power ever again but then neither of us have anything to back up what we're saying and it's pretty much a moot point anyway because they're not going anywhere for the moment

Advertisement