Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brice Taton - Football Fan - RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Brice Taton is the young Frenchman who was set upon on and murdered in a cafe in Belgrade.

A tribute site for anyone who wishes to leave comments etc for his family.

http://www.brice-taton.com/lagression/index-en.html
    http://www.brice-taton.com/actualites/index-en.html

I read that the other day. It was genuinely one of the saddest things I have ever read and I felt so angry and full of despair afterward. I really hope they catch the monsters responsible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

thats horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

5 mins after reading that and I still have goosebumps.

What has gone wrong with the world?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Sickening, absolutely sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Jesus christ, shocking. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

RIP. Why in gods name does this still happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

those who attacked him are not soccer 'fans' nor any sort of sporting fans. they are cowardly scum who are the lowest of the low. RIP Brice.

that picture of the ten meter drop turned my stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is a horrible story.
    Kirnsy wrote: »
    those who attacked him are not soccer 'fans' nor any sort of sporting fans. they are cowardly scum who are the lowest of the low. RIP Brice.

Exactly. This isn't football hooliganism.

Horrible horrible story.

Absolute scum who did that to him. The photo of him still conscious when the ambulance arrived is terrible :(

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

In tears at that,
    That's a shocking story.

• Advertisement

Fcuking disgraceful.I hope they find the scum who did this.My blood actually boiled reading that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I actually thought i was gonna puke while reading that. They are absolute pure scum!!! To think, right now they are free somewhere in Belgrade as normal getting on with their pathetic little lives.

I really hope those c*nts are caught!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

those who attacked him are not soccer 'fans' nor any sort of sporting fans.
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Exactly. This isn't football hooliganism.

Yes it is.

They don't all wear Stone Island and hang around with Frodo you know, the glamorising of football violence through film and books seems to blind people to the cold dirty truth of what does happen...unfortunately this poor unfortunate ended up experiencing it first hand.

Brice Tato RIP.

Yes it is.

They don't all wear Stone Island and hang around with Frodo you know, the glamorising of football violence through film and books seems to blind people to the cold dirty truth of what does happen...unfortunately this poor unfortunate ended up experiencing it first hand.

Brice Tato RIP.

my point is they are not true fans of any sport.

these are just thugs who use a team to 'follow' and by that i mean they meet up at matches, start riots at them, deal drugs at them (ultras in Italy esp), start intimidation / violent outbursts at away fans etc.

then they assault someone using the team's jersey as an excuse to hide behind.

they make me sick.along with the English 'firms' and the like. No place for it in any sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

thats awful, this is my first time hearing about this.
    what an awful story, sick f*cking scum hopefully they are caught..
    R.I.P Brice Taton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Simply awful. :( RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

sickening, especially when you read about his injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

my point is they are not true fans of any sport.

(ultras in Italy esp),

I beg to differ on that point.

Toulouse - Club Brugge

71n153.jpg

1zzl3ro.jpg

2i8f5eb.jpg

Recent display done by Toulouse fans during the week, the two sticks say someting like Brice you will always be in our hearts or something along them lines.

RIP.

I beg to differ on that point.

RIP.

if you read/quoted my full post:
    i meant that ultras in Italy do a lot of drug dealing during matches.

i'll rephrase that though;many ultras drug deal during matches. for those the game is merely a safe place to deal.

i understand many ultras are fantastic supporters of their given team and aren't interested in violence/drugs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

This is a sad story :(

I love my team United and I banter and argue with other non United fans; Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or City fans and its good banter. Nothing violent, I just don't understand how people use the sport as an excuse for violence.

A lot of lads argue and fight over their teams, I hope this incident would form as a rude awakening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i have only taken the time to read this now, it is very sad news, such a mindless stupid act. nobody benefits from this. the scum who did it cannot gain anything but repulsion for it. the picture of the steps and the drop is very unsettling to look at and the injuries he suffered are deeply unpestting. hopefully there will be a greater crackdown on this thuggish behaviour and then possibly his death will not be in vain

RIP

Absolutely sickened after reading that. The sheer cowardice of it and worse still those cowardly animals that did this probably made themselves feel macho in doing so. There's no place for this in life nevermind in football.

The poor guy took the opportunity to use his favourite team being on the road to travel and ended up paying the ultimate price. That should never in a million years happen. Frankly it's hard to argue that "fan zones" aren't going to have to be made mandatory until people start acting like humans again. Sad, but true.

Absolutely disgusting.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Disgraceful!

These people are just opportunists and more than likely arent even football fans. Pure scum.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Shocking. Just shocking.

RIP.

Advertisement