Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will I get a mini Oxo measuring cup?

Options
  • 04-10-2009 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin that I'd get one of these ?

379180.jpgABVNAMMWHUSNL3M37FM5.jpg?01AD=2-2-41BEEC32DA1D491CBE0C4221A5CA2629621D4D21909E9C3CE11A193F8890D052-B09D02E8566000375B9C46000736ECF5DB91A01ACE8A12BCC6D51B708E62DD49&01RI=9C1F7B5633252AE&01NA=

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have you tried Arnotts? Usually good for this kind of thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Have you tried Arnotts? Usually good for this kind of thing.

I'd not actually cause Arnotts scares the hell out of me. I can never find anything in there and usually get lost in the perfume :(
    Cheers though , I'll have agander when in Dublin city centre next.

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

You will get a similar one (in ml) in Clearys but it will not be in the US measurement of cups. You can only get cup measure ones in US or online.

Even better, I'd much rather ml :D
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Orby wrote: »
    You will get a similar one (in ml) in Clearys but it will not be in the US measurement of cups. You can only get cup measure ones in US or online.

The one in Meadows and Byrne have 'cup, ounce and milliliter measurement markings' according to their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

In case you haven't gotten it yet - I was in Cleary's yesterday and they have plenty in stock! Price was under a fiver I think.

Cheers everyone. For future reference (a google search gives this thread in high result)Clerys have the Oxo .Meadow & Byrne in the CHQ building at the IFSC have a simliar generic one with just ml and they didn't have any Oxo ones in stock.

Thanks Alan, I'm going to get one too because they look really handy :)

The generic no name one in Meadows and Byrne is €2.65 I think and that just has ml measuring on the outside of it. They also have a similar coloured kinda thing.

The Oxo one is €4 even @ Clerys. This one has the measurements on the inside of the cup. Both of them have an angled kinda spout thingy.

I had a good scour around town in all the usual spots (Arnotts, Debenhams, Dunnes etc.) and it was only these two places that had them. Arnotts had loads of the Oxo range of kitchen tools but none of the wee cups.
    I'd say they'll be great for measuring out cocktail ingredients (which is why I want one :))

• Advertisement
Advertisement