Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a disabled be left on the street to die?

• 04-10-2009 3:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

My circumstances are about to change rapidly for the worse. My former spouse is about to put me on a plane to Ireland. I have E2,000 in my pocket, E900 per month Social Security, and an account in a Dublin bank. I'm a senior citizen and an Irish citizen - sober, healthy, and very intelligent but I'm a quadriplegic and I don't know where I would go or where I would sleep.

Would the state let me die on the street? Would social services find me emergency shelter and could I find a long term place on E900?

Help me devise a strategy for basic survival.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Trishis

Are you serious?

If you are maybe you should call citizens information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 willdufauve

Yes, I'm asking a serous question because where I am now they would leave you on the street to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

check out the services for homeless people on the net....try not to put ur life at risk...contact the services here before you leave....

And welcome home;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RAMADAN

My circumstances are about to change rapidly for the worse. My former spouse is about to put me on a plane to Ireland. I have E2,000 in my pocket, E900 per month Social Security, and an account in a Dublin bank. I'm a senior citizen and an Irish citizen - sober, healthy, and very intelligent but I'm a quadriplegic and I don't know where I would go or where I would sleep.

Would the state let me die on the street? Would social services find me emergency shelter and could I find a long term place on E900?

Help me devise a strategy for basic survival.

There are several agencies that can help but I'd advise making contact before you come. If you know what part of Ireland you want to live in, you can find local services depending on location.

Advertisement