Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual (and affordable) ideas for a party

Options
  • 04-10-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

I thought I'd start this thread to ask folk about their experience hosting parties (or attending), to give other folk a bit of inspiration. I facepaint and do games at parties but frankly I think the celtic tiger killed the Irish imagination and parents have forgotten how to play pass the parcel with their kids!!!! So I'll get the ball rolling...

Mate with no money living in monied area was stuck for and idea, got together with a friend (fellow artist) gathered a load of empty cerial boxes and art stuff and did a make & do session with the kids, they loved it, the other rich parents thought it was a great idea and all were happy!!

Facepainted (for free cos it was for the sister) at an adult halloween party, went' down mighty, takes decent skill

Learn from the Brownis, a treasure hunt in the garden.

Sick of having and hosting parties that folk can't come to and didn't have enough time to talk to people so I did an all day "do" in the house. Bought loads of pizza and convenience food in Aldi/Lidil and heaps of salad. Told everyone to call for their lunch/tea/ supper and just popped on food as they came. People didn't have to get babysitters then and just skived off cooking the dinner and dropped in. Started at 3pm ended about 1am.... lovely chilled out day for my birthday.

Advertisement