Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heaters

• 04-10-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, moved in to a place a couple of months ago. It's starting to get cold so I decided to switch on the storage heaters. I've done a bit of research so I think i understand how they operate.

I set the input (to charge the heater up over-night) to 6 and the output as low as possible to 1 as I wanted to adjust it to the right output when I was up the next morning to the appropriate heat for the room.

I came in to the living room at 0830 this morning the heat was stifling! Is there any way of closing the heat off until you need it? Or do you have to have some degree of heat coming out all the time? My lowest output setting seems to be 1 on the dial.

Also, if you switch the heater off at the wall, do you lose the charge from the night previous?

All your help is much appreciated, thanks,
    Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

FYI it's a fairly old looking heater - Unidare WM724

There will be heat emitted while it is charging the bricks. If you switch it off at the wall you do not lose the previous nights charge, and it will not come on the next night.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Thank you.

Should it be possible to shut the heater off all together? For instance there is still heat being emitted now (8pm) but the output is all the way down..

Thanks,
    Ed

Late reply but yes, just switch it off at the wall.

Advertisement