Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Flights to Melbourne

Options
  • 04-10-2009 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Need some advice....:D
    Looking to get flights to Melbourne for end of November, heading over for 2 and half weeks.
    Is it crazy to only be booking flights now?....have the option to go in January instead but cant see difference in prices...
    Want to go direct or non-stop if possible, anyone flown on one of these routes?Is it doable??:)
    Any advice on which airline?they all look the same to me!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I would have expected a slight difference in prices between Nov and Jan, but maybe because you are booking relatively late for Nov that's why it's not really any cheaper. Jan is school holidays and summer so would normally be more expensive. Jan would also be busier because of the summer holidays so accomodation and so forth would be more expensive. The weather in Nov can also be really nice but I would expect Jan to be hotter.

There are no true 'non-stop' flights to Oz - all flights need to stop somewhere to refuel! Qantas and BA do have some flights that only stop for an hour or so, where you disembark and then reboard the same plane. I normally fly Singapore with a stop over at Singapore airport. Malaysian airlines is also good (stopping in Kuala Lumper) and my mum is flying over to Dublin in Nov with Eithad who stop in Abu Dahbi.

HTH,
    Mel.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

mel.b wrote: »
    I would have expected a slight difference in prices between Nov and Jan, but maybe because you are booking relatively late for Nov that's why it's not really any cheaper. Jan is school holidays and summer so would normally be more expensive. Jan would also be busier because of the summer holidays so accomodation and so forth would be more expensive. The weather in Nov can also be really nice but I would expect Jan to be hotter.

There are no true 'non-stop' flights to Oz - all flights need to stop somewhere to refuel! Qantas and BA do have some flights that only stop for an hour or so, where you disembark and then reboard the same plane. I normally fly Singapore with a stop over at Singapore airport. Malaysian airlines is also good (stopping in Kuala Lumper) and my mum is flying over to Dublin in Nov with Eithad who stop in Abu Dahbi.

HTH,
    Mel.b

Thanks for the info:)
    Well I will be staying with someone so I dont have to worry about accomodation:D
    Oh right, refuelling...forgot that:o I was actually looking at Ethiad Dub-Abu Dhabi-Melbourne, it would be great to avoid Heathrow!!
    Might look into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

spudz21 wrote: »
    I was actually looking at Ethiad Dub-Abu Dhabi-Melbourne, it would be great to avoid Heathrow!!
    Might look into that!

That's what myself and the missus are doing in January - using Etihad to avoid Heathrow! Cheaper too than other airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

If you fly Singapore Airlines Mon 23rd Nov - Thur 10 Dec your talking €1232 Return Thats booking on their website http://www.singaporeair.com

Also check www.ebookers.com , www.gohop.ie , http://www.australianholidays.ie/

Al

Advertisement