Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers Vs Celtic, Match Thread.

• 04-10-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

Rangers are likely to be without Madjid Bougherra for Sunday's Old Firm derby as the defender is suffering from flu.

Lee McCulloch could replace him if he recovers from illness, while Kyle Lafferty could start up front even though Kenny Miller might be fit.

Celtic defender Andreas Hinkel and winger Paddy McCourt, who are both carrying knocks, did not train and will have fitness tests on Saturday.

Midfielder Scott Brown will continue to play despite a nagging ankle injury.

Rangers (from): McGregor, Whittaker, Weir, Papac, Smith, Fleck, Thomson, Davis, McCulloch, Bougherra, Rothen, Mendes, Novo, Naismith, Boyd, Miller, Little, Lafferty, Loy, Wilson, Alexander.

Celtic: (from): Boruc, Caldwell, Wilson, McManus, Hinkel, Daniel Fox, Brown, McGeady, McCourt, Robson, N'Guemo, McGinn, Maloney, Killen, McDonald, Samaras, Zaluska, Loovens, Caddis, Crosas.

Thought i'd start this before i head out to the game, keeps all the usual sniping in one place at least!

Both teams are poor to be honest, but Celtic's form is domestically better than Rangers.
    The first OF of the season is always an interesting one.
    I'm expecting goals today. Especially with Boughie out.

C'mon the Gers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

What time is kick-off?

2-1 Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

TV ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Sky Sports 3 at Noon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Come on Celtic.

Give the Gers a good whooping.

Mowbray could do with getting off to a good start against the Gers.

Walter Smith has too good of a record against Celtic for my liking.

He certainly had the upper hand over Strachan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Rangers team
    McGregor, Little, Weir, Papac, Whittaker, Naismith, Mendes, Davis, Smith, Boyd, Miller.
    SUBS: Alexander, Novo, Lafferty, Novo, Rothen, Fleck, Loy.

Celtic Team
    Boruc, Wilson, McManus, Loovens, Naylor, N'Guemo, Brown, Zhi, Maloney, McGeady and McDonald.

Interesting team selection especially from Rangers

3-1 for the Gers :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Good start for Rangers with two goals. How the hell did Celtic not have at least one penalty, two big shouts for penalties turned down and a yellow card for diving thrown in for good measure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What are Celtics centre halfs at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Penalty for Celtic which McGeady scores just

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

C'mon Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

who's the blonde presenter ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I would:pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    who's the blonde presenter ?

Ally Douglas used to present Rangers TV on setanta :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

cmon the celts in hard on steven davis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ally Douglas used to present Rangers TV on setanta :)

nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Headshot wrote: »
    nice...

She's no Hayley McQueen

Phew glad thats over Celtic battered us in the second half.
    But I will happily take the win :cool::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

pffffft!

Thought that second half was never going to end!

Started brilliantly, Kenny Miller taking his chances really well, after that it was all Celtic. I dont know how they never got that penalty in the second half, looked a stonewaller from where i was sitting.

Referee was abysmal, blowing up for really stupid things on both sides, and not letting the game flow at all.

Still, first blood to us. I'm happy enough!.

Special mention to the Celtic fan who nearly set himself alight with a green flare at the start of the match though! Twat.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What is with Celtic handing teams early leads this season! defense has been abysmal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

draffodx wrote: »
    What is with Celtic handing teams early leads this season! defense has been abysmal
    Mowbray needs to get his defence in order.
    It was one of his weakness at West Brom as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Great result for Rangers, keep them in touch at top of table. Thought for all Celtic's possession in 2nd half, they didn't really do much with it. McGregor hasn't had much to do in whole game to be fair. Celtic should have had one more penalty. Not easy for refs though. Couple of Celtic dives also I felt, Mark Wilson's was particularly deceitful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Gutted with that result yesterday. Despite having the lions share of possession, we failed to make it count. Very poor defending in the centre for both goals. We needed a big game from skippy yesterday but just didnt get it. On the positive - I thought Zheng Zi looked good for his introduction to the old firm and is promising prospect for us.

What could(should) have been a 7 point gap this morning, is now just a 1. Gave it away with shoddy defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Brewster wrote: »
    Celtic should have had one more penalty. Not easy for refs though. Couple of Celtic dives also I felt, Mark Wilson's was particularly deceitful.

I've zero interest in Celtic football club, but imo they should of had 4 penos in the first half. Dunno about the second I turned over to watch the Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Trilla wrote: »
    I've zero interest in Celtic football club, but imo they should of had 4 penos in the first half. Dunno about the second I turned over to watch the Arsenal

So four plus the one the got? Or three plus the one they got?! I think Maloney went down far too easily for one of the incidences, he was looking for it. He was falling before any contact was made. The first Weir foul on Maloney was a penalty no question, he was in control of ball and was taken out by Weir. The Wilson incident was never a peno. These things happen though, I think Celtic need to look at their own defensive performance before criticising mistakes by the ref.

Trilla wrote: »

Go on then enlighten us where this 4 penalty's in the first half come from as far as I could see

The one they got yes it was a pen.

Weir challenge was also one they didn't get it but as I was told by just about every tic fan I know last week after the Seville game these things happen

Weir's on Maloney when he was booked for diving as far as I am concerned Maloney was already on his way down No pen IMO

Thats 3

Brewster wrote: »
    So four plus the one the got? Or three plus the one they got?! I think Maloney went down far too easily for one of the incidences, he was looking for it. He was falling before any contact was made. The first Weir foul on Maloney was a penalty no question, he was in control of ball and was taken out by Weir. The Wilson incident was never a peno. These things happen though, I think Celtic need to look at their own defensive performance before criticising mistakes by the ref.

But he says 4 in the first half Brewster the Wilson one was in the second half :p

Advertisement