If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42" 50" Plasma & Blu Ray Player Quote

Options
  • 04-10-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Enquiring for a neighbour this time around, as I'm sorted for the time being for A/V gear, thanks to your good selves! :-) Thought I'd try and put a bit more business your way, given the service and the deals you've done me over the past year!

Can you give me a quote for the Panasonic V10 models in both 42" and 50" flavours and a SONY BDPS360 delivered to Laytown Please?

Best prices I can find at the minute are:

Panasonic TXP42V10B:£983 Delivered - Currys
    Panasonic TXP50V10: £1,249.00 (not sure about the delivery on this one) Roy Jowett Hifi
    SONY BDPS360: £149.10 delivered - Dixons

But I'm sure you can beat them :-)

Let me know if there's anything you found in the stocktake that would be a good alternative to the sony blu ray player, but for now I think the Sony is a good bet. (I've certainly had no issues with my Sony BDP S-350)

Thanks again, look forward to hearing from you.

Pete

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

Enquiring for a neighbour this time around, as I'm sorted for the time being for A/V gear, thanks to your good selves! :-) Thought I'd try and put a bit more business your way, given the service and the deals you've done me over the past year!

Can you give me a quote for the Panasonic V10 models in both 42" and 50" flavours and a SONY BDPS360 delivered to Laytown Please?

Best prices I can find at the minute are:

Panasonic TXP42V10B:£983 Delivered - Currys
    Panasonic TXP50V10: £1,249.00 (not sure about the delivery on this one) Roy Jowett Hifi
    SONY BDPS360: £149.10 delivered - Dixons

But I'm sure you can beat them :-)

Let me know if there's anything you found in the stocktake that would be a good alternative to the sony blu ray player, but for now I think the Sony is a good bet. (I've certainly had no issues with my Sony BDP S-350)

Thanks again, look forward to hearing from you.

Pete

Pete,

thanks for the post and long time no speak?

At the moment we are not shipping Panasonic screens to the ROI as the models we stock are UK spec only however dont think that Currys will ship to the ROI only and just checking their price this morning I see that the TXP42V10 is actually £999.99 http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0062854628.1254738487@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccgcadeihjfhdgmcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=638071&category_oid= which is the same price as we are selling it at in-store.

We don't currently stock the TXP50V10 and I see that unfortunately Roy Jowlett again only does UK Mainland deliveries.

Finally on the BDPS360 front again Dixons don't deliver to the ROI but we can match their price no issue - just a small one to watch on this model is that Sony have recently changed the firmware on the 360 which means that we cannot offer an Multi Region option on this model for standard DVD?

Could your neighbour be tempted away from the Pana / Sony combo by some mega pricing on the 8404/9664 Philips range which have been receiving stunning reviews all over the press in the last couple of months.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Hi John,

Yeah, it's been a while! Hope you're well! Looks like business is good from how busy this forum is :-)

I'll have to have a look at the phillips options. I'm still more inclined towards plasma than LCD, but we'll see..... Might nip into the dame st shop at some stage this week for a looksie. What kind of deals are you offering on those at the minute? How do they compare to the Panny 42" V10 in your opinion? They've currently got Sky+ so how the panels deal with SD is important.

At the end of the day, I don't think my neighbor is averse to a spin to belfast if need be.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Pete

please call on into us, I'll happily take you through the various Philips options.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.