Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under Pressure?

• 04-10-2009 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I heard a tale that pertains to the Aldi / Lidl (or maybe it should be the Euroshop) of BER asessment namely BERCERT . com. It appears that they have changed their rules in order to allow a greater 'fairness' in successful bidding for BERs. I am reliably informed that once an assessor is successful with a bid for a job he or she can not bid again for 5 days. This is either to allow all of the other assessors a fair chance of bidding on work or to drive up the prices which will allow the administrators of the site rake in higher bid fees as a percentage. I doubt if it is the former.
    Is this a form of price fixing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I'm in favour of anything that will bring prices out of the gutter. Seriously has anyone even covered their setup costs this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ecosid

I am classing myself as busy enough but the wife did the figures the other night and at this rate the dole is a better prospect. With all the training I have done for the last two and a half years, I wont get payback by the time current Ber's are out of date:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

You know mine said the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

Mine too, as did my accountant. He thinks I'm an idiot (so do I).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I have just about covered my training/registration and setup costs, just about!! And I kept the setup costs very very low!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement