Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

!Isle of Ireland and ATLANTIS!

• 04-10-2009 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Possibly this is how it was... well
    I think thats how its was.. all right?

Think 'bout it.92455.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

The only problem is you've got no sea on the west side of the red line. You've got miles and miles of dry land. There's no way any map maker could miss it. Especially as Ireland has unmissable mountains beside the southern tip of the red line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That's fine and well - but who drew the map of Atlantis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

So theres a map of a place that has never been seen and no actual proof it ever existed?

Are you sure you didnt mean this place

675px-Fulton_County_Georgia_Incorporated_and_Unincorporated_areas_Atlanta_Highlighted.svg.png

Atlanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm convinced.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Damn you to Hell! It was staring me in the face all along!

I'm off to Antrim with a shovel digging for unimaginable riches! Let's hope those pesky Nazis don't get there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

IRA probably blew up the original one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

The map of Atlantis is upside down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

CCCP^ wrote: »
    The map of Atlantis is upside down.

Well the original was drawn upside down anyway.
    athanasius-kircher-map-of-atlantis.jpg

It's still a load of rubbish though. This guy on the other hand puts forward a far more believable theory that Plato's Atlantis was based on Ireland, but it's still a stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

for a superior culture thousandsof years ago you would think they would tidy the place up a bit..... maybe leave use a nice bulding or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Us archaeologists have been hiding that nordie atlantian technology for years.

Advertisement