Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G2PLAY & Windows 7

• 04-10-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

Anyone bought windows 7 from G2PLAY yet ?? I'm thinking of getting it from them but I'ms not sure how safe they are.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Don't know about Windows but I've bought steam games from them with no problems in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Same here not so sure about the windows keys though, how can they be selling them before release ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've bought games from them as well and had no problems. I would be a little wary about them selling windows 7 keys before release. Are they actually sending the keys out once you purchase them or are they waiting until after release. On some occasions, when running low on stock, they have taken payment and sent out the keys later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I've bought games from them as well and had no problems. I would be a little wary about them selling windows 7 keys before release. Are they actually sending the keys out once you purchase them or are they waiting until after release. On some occasions, when running low on stock, they have taken payment and sent out the keys later.
    AFAIK they're sending them out straight away and you have to then contact them for the download link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Just ordered the 7 pro version from them.

We'll see how it goes...

• Advertisement

Ok so. A slight confusion when I emailed them with a typo in the order number but mailed again last night and this morning there was a key and a link to the windows 7 pro iso file.

I had already downloaded and installed what seemed to be the final retail iso file so used the key this morning with no problems.

So it was Windows 7 pro for circa 70 euro and a thumbs up here

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Are they selling Upgrade versions or the full versions on the site.

I had a look but i couldnt see that info anywhere..

If its full it look like ill be placeing an order today :)

Thx in advance

Misty

Its full afaik. I wiped my drive and did the install clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Woden wrote: »
    Its full afaik. I wiped my drive and did the install clean

Hi Woden,How is your copy going.Any problems since with activation messages,etc?

Can you please keep us up to date on how things are going for you in the next few weeks.Once I'm pretty happy and backup my pc I might give them a try.€70 for pro is a bargain.

I would imagine since windows 7 is new, there is probably less of a chance that any of the keys are stolen or already used,which seems to have been a problem for some customers who bought games from them.

Thanks

Hi gooner99.

No problems here so far with regards to activation. It has the the windows genuine software logo thingie in control panel and it is updating without difficulty.

I'll keep yee updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Woden wrote: »
    Hi gooner99.

No problems here so far with regards to activation. It has the the windows genuine software logo thingie in control panel and it is updating without difficulty.

I'll keep yee updated

Thanks,sounds good.

What was the proceedure,they sent you the key and a download link right?

What happens if you need to run a repair or have to reload windows 7 for some reason.Did you download and burn it to a dvd and then run a clean install from the dvd?

Yeah exactly they send me the key and the link. I had already torrented the retail iso file though, burnt it to dvd and installed. I just applied the key they sent and downloaded the iso they linked too just incase there was any problems

Advertisement