Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to get my phone repaired, any one help?

• 04-10-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im just wondering, does anyone know anywhere I can get a phone repaired without having to get it sent back to the manufactureers or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What phone you have and where your located would help!

Try www.fonemenders.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

i tried fonemenders and they gave me such aload of cock and bull stories and took more than a month to get my phone back from them. Its a sony erricson. They said that the phones HAVE to be sent off to se to get fixed. but to be honest, i dont believe them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Whats wrong with it?

the earpiece doesnt work. You have to put it on loudspeaker to hear a call. Apparantly its a common fault in the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

try mprc in sandyford or sigma wireless in finglas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

i sent my SE c905 to MPRC on tuesday and had it back on friday ,with all the problems fixed under warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Joe Gt wrote: »
    i sent my SE c905 to MPRC on tuesday and had it back on friday ,with all the problems fixed under warranty

They dont fix all faults, just depends whats wrong with the handset. Saying that all phones have to go back to manufacturer is BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Go to Sigma Telecom. Avoid MPRC they are bloody useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

whiterebel wrote: »
    Go to Sigma Telecom. Avoid MPRC they are bloody useless.

had a bad experiance with mprc? Im hearing bad stuff about fonemenders and sigma telecom wont let me send a contact request form . most places let you . so where are sigma based?? i need to send my n95 8g off for repair under warranty to get the ear piece fixed as i have to use loud speaker all the time .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

byrner88 wrote: »
    had a bad experiance with mprc? Im hearing bad stuff about fonemenders and sigma telecom wont let me send a contact request form . most places let you . so where are sigma based?? i need to send my n95 8g off for repair under warranty to get the ear piece fixed as i have to use loud speaker all the time .

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055672988

Sigma Telecom: St Margarets Road, Finglas. Tel 1850660000
    service@sigma.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If its not under warranty just do it yourself. Order the earpiece off ebay.

gpf101 I wouldnt even know where to start. Id rather my phone be able to get fixed professionally than beyond total repair!

Anyways I just left the phone up to sigma in Finglas. The different between the service there and in fonemenders is just criminal. 2 hours in sigma instead of 2 months in fonemenders and phone HAD to be sent off to Poland, and then they had the cheek to tell me my phone was fake, which I know for a FACT its not! Unreal.

Advertisement