Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drug dealers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

With the downturn, one thing we're hearing a lot less of on the streets is builders crack

.......I'll get my coat

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You see the main problem with heroin is that it's very moreish.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

I think you'll find that's the problem with crack more so than heroin!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

milehip1 wrote: »
    I think you'll find that's the problem with crack more so than heroin!

Are you speaking from experience here?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

nope, my good mate Superhans says it all the time tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm all for making drugs legal but I dont think its going to magically solve everything.

First of all will drugs be free? If not, and they won't be, you will still have dealers going to undercut prices.

We will still have junkie scum hanging around the streets day and night indulging in their filthy habit, they still will discard needles where kids can find them and will still have to get into crime to fund it.

I would love to see the police freed up to do some real work and would love to see the drugs taken out of the hands of the gangs but we're still going to have drug addicts everywhere..not much is going to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

With more people unemployed you get more people with nothing to do.

Thats why Heroin is making a comeback. That an the fact its a cheap habit to start.

I would love to see the statistics on cocaine as well, it being a middle class drug.

Bottom level drug dealers is almost a waste of time. Someone else just steps in and it makes little or know impact. Like trying to stop Mcdonalds by arresting till staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Sorry op would have joined you but I'm tied up with other commitments at the moment :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Look up, "Tallaght VS drug dealers", on youtube.
    I can't get on youtube in collage, otherwise I'd post it.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Look up, "Tallaght VS drug dealers", on youtube.
    I can't get on youtube in collage, otherwise I'd post it.

Yep i think thats the same one i posted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

CianRyan wrote: »
    I can't get on youtube in collage.

I hope you are studying art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I sell to my mates when i have spare, that technically makes me a dealer.

wanna come round to mine and have a "talk" OP?

didnt think so.

I think ya know full well what the OP meant by drug dealers.
    No need to be so bloody pedantic and then trying to act tough too? lol.. Too funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm all for making drugs legal but I dont think its going to magically solve everything.

First of all will drugs be free? If not, and they won't be, you will still have dealers going to undercut prices.

What makes you say that? Drugs like heroin would be far cheaper if they were legal. Criminals would not be in such a dangerous business if there were not huge profit margins.
    We will still have junkie scum hanging around the streets day and night indulging in their filthy habit, they still will discard needles where kids can find them and will still have to get into crime to fund it.

Well if you instead made morphine pills available otc I'm guessing most addicts would switch to them. Instant reduction in needles. As for crime, you really have no idea how ridiculously cheap these drugs are to produce, do you?

Operating on a free market basis and allowing for heavy taxes it would seem to me that even the most extreme junkie would be spending less than €10 a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

SV wrote: »
    I think ya know full well what the OP meant by drug dealers.
    No need to be so bloody pedantic and then trying to act tough too? lol.. Too funny.
    vangoz wrote: »
    Sorry op would have joined you but I'm tied up with other commitments at the moment :rolleyes:

Due to the success of this group wiping drugs off the street of Dublin they plan to expand the scheme to cover Blacks and other foreigners, later on in the year if they continue to see the same success they'll roll out their 2 step protection racket scheme to ensure a harmonious community. Ultimately their 3 year financial plan will be to sell illegal drugs themselves.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Due to the success of this group wiping drugs off the street of Dublin they plan to expand the scheme to cover Blacks and other foreigners, later on in the year if they continue to see the same success they'll roll out their 2 step protection racket scheme to ensure a harmonious community. Ultimately their 3 year financial plan will be to sell illegal drugs themselves.

Well it actually seemed to work somewhat for this part of dublin, not entirely, but it certainly got better. Nah these never went ahead with the three year plan you mentioned, (well not sure bout all of the gun totting ones at the start)

• Advertisement
Advertisement