Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting a number, out of contract

• 04-10-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

Quick query: I'm out of contract on an O2 Clear plan. If I want to port my number to another network, how do I go about it? Can I just walk into a Vodafone/Meteor/3 shop and ask them to do it like on prepay, or do I need to give O2 some notice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Breezer wrote: »
    Quick query: I'm out of contract on an O2 Clear plan. If I want to port my number to another network, how do I go about it? Can I just walk into a Vodafone/Meteor/3 shop and ask them to do it like on prepay, or do I need to give O2 some notice?

Thanks.

Same question here. Also, is there anywhere I can compare the price plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your in contract the shop will need your o2 account number to port your number, that's all if your moving to pre pay. If for some reason your number hasn't moved in a few hours contact the shop and let them know as there could have been some problem with the port.

It's very easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

As drunkmonkey said but you will need your O2 account number if your contract is up or not i.e. once it's a postpay account you'll need to supply it to whatever network your porting onto even if your porting onto prepay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement