Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hodges Figgis Jobs?

Options
  • 04-10-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey guys,

Doe anyone here work at Hodges Figgis in Dublin? If so how did you apply for your position there? I know it's owned by the HMV Group but there's no website or application forms online...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I used to work in a book shop (not Hodges Figgis) and we used to get tons of CVs every day. However, we would never hire anyone based on a CV they dropped into the shop.

I got the job after applying for it online.

Perhaps you could try contacting their HR department directly? I'm sure a bit of googling will locate those details for you.

Btw, working in a book shop is nothing like browsing in a book shop, just a FYI...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Well as it is part of Waterstones as well (also under the HMV group umbrella) I imagine you would do exactly the same as you would do for Waterstones - ie. Email in a CV.

Whilst officially you are meant to apply for all jobs on the Waterstones website now, I have found that this isn't the case in many branches. A couple of months ago (I live in the UK), I emailed a CV to every branch in the area I live. The majority didn't reply. Three got back to me and said that I could only apply when jobs came up on the website. And two offered me interviews straight away and then jobs. So it really does seem to be at the manager's discretion.

We have taken on loads more staff recently (as have some local branches) and none of those jobs have been advertised on the website so I can only imagine that HR had been building up a stack of received CVs.

Advertisement