Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refs?

Options
  • 04-10-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

have any of ye guys noticed how bad the reffing is in fifa 10?

some ofthe refs pull ya for a legal tackle and throw a red card at ya, another may let off a clear penalty.

very frustrating

is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Haven't seen a red for a clean tackle but have seen the last man slide in and either get a yellow or nothing at all. Also plenty of waved away penalty appeals but that's football - haven't had a ref give out three yellows to the same player yet so it could be worse ;)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

i am more annoyed when they get in the way :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Parawind wrote: »

Yeah happens way too often

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yeah happens way too often
    Agree every game he get hit with the ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Parawind wrote: »

Was gonna say the same. Seems like it happens every single game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,915 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What even more frustrating is that if you are playing with a team in a dark strip the ref doesn't change his. i can count how many times I tried to pass to the ref during a game :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Quazzie wrote: »
    What even more frustrating is that if you are playing with a team in a dark strip the ref doesn't change his. i can count how many times I tried to pass to the ref during a game :mad:

Or avoided a pass cos the ref looked like he was on the opposition team and he was in the way. I always wondered why they bothered with a ref in a computer game?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Quint wrote: »
    Or avoided a pass cos the ref looked like he was on the opposition team and he was in the way. I always wondered why they bothered with a ref in a computer game?

Too add more realism I would have thought. Bit annoying though because he's always getting in the way and a heavy deflection can set up a counter attack for your opponents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The refs are so biased when playing against the cpu. They seem to pull you up for every slight foul where as the cpu gets away with absolutley ploughing through your players on occasion, it's more obvious than in fifa 09, which was fairly bad for it anyway! Quite annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

bennyc wrote: »
    Agree every game he get hit with the ball...

Hyperbole?

I've played about 20-30 games now and I'd say it's happened in 2 or 3 games (max).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hyperbole?

I've played about 20-30 games now and I'd say it's happened in 2 or 3 games (max).

Perhaps the poster who said every game has only played a handful of games and it's happened. I've played about 20 games myself and it's happened about 7 times thus far. Sometimes it's only a little bounce off the referee which doesn't put me in a bad position but most times it's a strong deflection which allows the CPU to break away and score. Infuriating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Maybe look where you're passing?

[shrug]

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

Well I've played the ps2 version for years now and that has never had a ref on the pitch, so I'm just happy to have one now on the ps3! I have played about 20+ games so far and have had no problem with the decisions made or with balls hitting the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It hasn't happened me in every game, but it has happened a lot more than in previous versions, that's the ball hitting the ref by the way. It can be very annoying.

Have had a few definite penos not given, even Tyler saying he was lucky to get away with it, but as someone else said - that's realistic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

It hasn't happened me in every game, but it has happened a lot more than in previous versions, that's the ball hitting the ref by the way. It can be very annoying.

Have had a few definite penos not given, even Tyler saying he was lucky to get away with it, but as someone else said - that's realistic :)

It's fun with dodgy decisions when playing against your mates. But against the computer it's a pain.
    Nothing better than taking a player out of it and getting away with it, and your mate does the exact same tackle 5 minutes later and gets a straight red:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I played an opening friendly earlier, and there was a slight knock to one of the opposition near my corner. Went out for a goal kick, and then 1 by 1, 3 of my players get yellow cards??? WTF??

Advertisement