Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ultra Casual" - Saturday October 10th

• 04-10-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

As mentioned in the casuals thread, I'm starting this one with a view to organising a big casual next weekend - Saturday 10th October in the Xtreme Gaming Center, on Liffey Street Dublin city centre. (Click for map.) From 2pm

This should hopefully give enough notice to allow for as many as possible to attend, and make it worthwhile for the further flung players to attend.

Couple of reasons for a big meet,
    - Last big meet before Lanparty & Gaelcon tournies
    Get your practice in - know your enemies!
    There'll be a large cross section of characters from the roster, from Dhalasim to Rose, I think everyone will be represented. Great chance to learn your matchups.

Playing live games simply kicks the sh1t out of playing online - really there's no comparison at all. If you want to be a better player - come along.
    Even if you've never been before, there's no snobbery or elitism. Its all great craic whatever level you play at.

Lanparty 2 Comp - Kinetic^ who's hosting LanParty.ie2 SFiV comp will be there too, so you can pay in person without the need for a credit card or paypal. Signup here and then simply pay the fee on saturday!

- Pints afterwards
    Ireland vs. Italy is on afterwards providing a suitable reason for pints as well.

So get it sorted & post up your name and main if you intend coming!
      Confirmed so far
      A-Trak - E.Honda
      Kenny B - Vega
      Foamy - Akuma
      Chopper - All characters, possibly even T.Hawk
      Dreddybjas - Zangief
      Owwwmykneecap - vega
      HMUYA - Blanka
      Darktalant - ???
      Xinkai - Sakura
      animaX - top tier only
      Jim - cammy
      Trev B - Ryu
      K.O.Kiki - Abel
      Leimrod - Akuma
      Icarian - Zangief
      Leprekaun - Akuma
      Placebo - Chunners
      MonkeyTo -
      D4RK ONION - Honda / Ryu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im up for it :D

Edit~
      Ill bring 3S if anyone would would like a fun game or two :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll be there. Might be a little late though because I have to go out to DCU first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just got told by my supervisor this morning to get my ass to france so will have to miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll be there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
      Just got told by my supervisor this morning to get my ass to france so will have to miss out.

No Dan! Someone else will have to represent the super taunt eh!;)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm free but I will be hungover.

Edit : And if Bush comes then I will represent Dan.

I don't play Rose anymore.

I'll be maining the Mexican.

Maybe a bit of Fei-Long thrown in for fun. Some Honda too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll come.

Are we having a competition/starting a ranking league???
      i think we should.

Aren't the Inferno Ranbats our Ranking League?

Would be a bit unfair on the lads from up north if we sneak in a few extra events and they lose their seedings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be maining the Mexican.

Crap. Always wanted to play a good El Fuerto.

• Advertisement

Better keep looking so, because I'm no good with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Aren't the Inferno Ranbats our Ranking League?

Would be a bit unfair on the lads from up north if we sneak in a few extra events and they lose their seedings.

That's not really a league though is it?
      More like one off tournies..

I'm talking about a regular scheduled league, something which would be unpractical for people from the north (or for that matter the west or south) to come to. talking once everytwo weeks.

I don't mean as a replacement for big proper tournies that happen less often but attract people from much further away.

Like they have their dragonslayers things.

I think Azza said a while ago to start a Battle point system? Like everyone starts at 0 and wins get ya points obviously, lose's you jus stay the same.. I for one liked the idea :P

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I should be able to make it alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'll Be There, I'll take Sakura for the day too.

Don't expect anything special, fifa is taking over my life... i mean, i er... don't want you all scouting my tricks >____> *Cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'll be there for sure. I'll be maining top tier number 1. And then top tier number 2 as a backup :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

animaX wrote: »
      I'll be there for sure. I'll be maining top tier number 1. And then top tier number 2 as a backup :D

Ah, Dan & Blanka again eh? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Retr0gamer wrote: »

What did you do to deserve that! :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

They probably saw that sakura picture and told him to lay low for a while :P I'd hope to come, I'll confirm later in the week, I main Ryu and am making a decent attempt at E.Honda at the moment.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm talking about a regular scheduled league, something which would be unpractical for people from the north (or for that matter the west or south) to come to. talking once everytwo weeks.

I agree Oww, we need a system to pull folk in,and to combat the "Sure there's next," week attitude.
      A battle point system, or a league system would work well.

But to kick it off, I think getting a load of fight fans together, organising a time, date & location, showing how well it works and how much fun it is, & then a session of pints afterwards for whoever would be into it, would be a positive step and kick off.
      Everyone was bang on too, wasn't sure what it would be like before i went but i need not have worried ;)

I think that was you that said that - Lets organise a big session next weekend, and work on a league/ BP system for the next "Ultra session," no?

Kinetic^ wrote: »
      What did you do to deserve that! :p

Totally forgot I was meant to be in france tomorrow to do some really important work :/ oops.

Recently in fibbers and I asked the "dj" there and he said that they would run a SFIV tourny again.. But hes to busy... BUT if I got someone else or myself to host a tourny there, the amount of people that would show would be...well..a alot...

The last SFIV tourny they had there, their was people who where pretty amazing players, but never seen them at any casuals or anything..

The Moral here is that if we hosted a tourny there, we could possibly get alot more people for casuals..
      Plus cheap drinks :pac:

Fibbers is a ****hole full of 18 year olds.

I'm up for it.

Ah **** the 18 year olds xD Twas jus a suggestion hah

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I'll definitely be there....and then I'll hit the town for the Italy game later! My Bro Trev will be there also, maining Ryu I'd imagine.

@Fibbers: That was such a brilliant laugh last time I went....how many tourneys have there been there?

That was the very first time Fibs had a SF tourny :P.. Hopefully many more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

Haven't been to any of these yet, but I was at the first Fibbers tourney. I ended up taking a no shows place and got knocked out first round. I wasn't used to the 360 pad, and didn't know where any of the buttons were!

did okay at the SSF2 tournament though

I think I might head up to this, I'd like to see how my Zangief stacks up against the nations finest!

if a proper Fibbers tournament could be organised, either with PS3 controllers, or mad catz fight pads, it'd be fantastic though, love a bit of fibbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GRRRRR :mad:. Kirby mad!

I can't make it this weekend fellows. Wish it was on next weekend instead. Oh well. Somebody represent the yoga power for me. SF4 isnt SF4 without stretchy limbs flying accross the screen.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I should be able to make this one on Saturday.
      Icarian wrote: »
      I'd like to see how my Zangief stacks up against the nations finest!

I'd love to play against a Zangief. Probably the only character I feel comfortable against now.

All we'd need is for someone to bring in some Benny Hill music on their phone and play it while we're having our match :pac:

Advertisement