Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ultra Casual" - Saturday October 10th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh, turns out I´m back from Germany this weekend after-all.
    I´ll bring my Abel & the scrubbiest Ryu you´ve ever seen! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Would like to say also that I agree with the idea of a new thread for new meetups instead of just using the casuals thread, where if you're not following it could be difficult to find information about what's going on, especially since now a few people are saying they'll turn up every week and few people are committing to it under that system. Totally agree with A-trak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Oh, turns out I´m back from Germany this weekend after-all.

Couldn't handle the beer eh :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Looking good so far - should turn out better then the last couple of aborted attempts. I just hope there's no COD tournaments on!

Was thinking about the payments and such so wanna throw out an idea.
    One person rents all necessary consoles at whatever time we're going to start. Say one console per every 3 or 4 people coming.

Everyone who comes gives a fiver to him (Do we have any girls that play? We should have some play. I tried to get my missus to play but that didn't go down well)
    Then at the end whoever is still there can settle up for any extra cash that's needed or left over.

It could be a bit of mess but something like it must be better then everyone randomly trying to sort out the cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is this in the XGC?

il come

placebo - Chunli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I'm back! I'll try to come down to this.

Oh and I've grown to appreciate the dark side so I'll be maining Akuma.

I'm a little confused to where this is though. Fibbers or XGC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

XGC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Would like to say also that I agree with the idea of a new thread for new meetups instead of just using the casuals thread, where if you're not following it could be difficult to find information about what's going on, especially since now a few people are saying they'll turn up every week and few people are committing to it under that system. Totally agree with A-trak!

Absolutely agree with that, knock out a new thread each week (with a date in the title) a bit of post meet discussion then let it sink like a stone and on to a new thread.

HMUYA wrote: »
    Looking good so far - should turn out better then the last couple of aborted attempts. I just hope there's no COD tournaments on!

Was thinking about the payments and such so wanna throw out an idea.
    One person rents all necessary consoles at whatever time we're going to start. Say one console per every 3 or 4 people coming.

Everyone who comes gives a fiver to him (Do we have any girls that play? We should have some play. I tried to get my missus to play but that didn't go down well)
    Then at the end whoever is still there can settle up for any extra cash that's needed or left over.

It could be a bit of mess but something like it must be better then everyone randomly trying to sort out the cash

If its for 4 hours then it works out at €5 each with a console for every 2 people meaning that with even numbers no one should be without games.
    I always feel that more consoles is worth it if it means more games, espcailly as i have to travel up.

If we could book (most of them) in advance, use the same one, with the characters unlocked (vital!), and just have them switched on from 2 (or whatever) etc. Hell xgc might even cut us a deal if we book it as an organisation regularly.

Yeah, the way Azza and I did it before was just calling them up, told them we wanted 6 machines, 4xX360 and 2xPS3 from 2PM - 6PM. Worked out nicely.

Something to remember though is the deposits. You do get the money back after you're done but if you're renting 6 machines, it'll be €120.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I'm a little confused to where this is though. Fibbers or XGC?
    Placebo wrote: »
    is this in the XGC?

il come

Edited initial post to include venue details (XGC)

Shaping up to be a good day, 17 sign ups!

Its LeprEkaun :P

Damn Right! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

okay, so, definitely coming up for my first meet! Oh, it's all very exciting! Ryu and my shiny new honda for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm currently on the quest to get Ireland Vs Italy tickets. I'm not sure how that will go BUT if I do get them I'm sure I can always head in a little earlier and get a few games in before Kick off.

In short. Count me in son!

A-Trak wrote: »
    DA4k ONIOn - honda
    I'm a "dark" onion, not a "daak onion" :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm a "dark" onion, not a "daak onion" :P

Sorry - must improve my l33t speak:p

Its "1337" A-trak, god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

My hit list, is

Terry, Jim, Gary, Monkeyto

bonus if i can beat azza and kirby

GWAN THE CHUN

animaX wrote: »
    Its "1337" A-trak, god!

T3rrys is 0n my h17 l15t too for mocking my 1337 skillz 9am (I doing this right?)
    He's up for a beating anyway for refusing to play me on live beacause he knew he'd lose despite his top tier only policy.
    He made some crazy excuses about not being able to play.

Oh and Azza too for knocking me out of the last tourney - BIIISOOOON!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Terry is officially afraid of Honda, one of the characters that Sagat should dominate.

It's strange.

Xinkai also hates Ochio throws, especially walk up Ochios :p

0 r173 w3v ch4ng3d 2 7x7 5p34k. C00l. W1ll u l4d5 b u51n 17 a7 d4 70urn3y?

0h 4nd w1ll b u51n numb3r 5p34k 2?

Since these are casuals, there shouldn't be any restrictions on what character selection right? Because I'm not sure if I fancy my chances with mr. red eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pick who you want.

If we have a mini tourney then usual rules will apply. You can only change character after a loss in a best 2/3 set.

You can pick any character you want for each match though.

Terry is officially afraid of Honda, one of the characters that Sagat should dominate.

Shush chopper! Just because you landed ten ochios on me in the last tourny :pac:

I hate the l33t in my name, but it's my gamertag, so it's just handier this way. No need to apologise ;)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'll be up for this.

Who will you be using, praytell?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Azza wrote: »
    I'll be up for this.

Can the event be moved to a tuesday?

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    I'll be up for this.