Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ultra Casual" - Saturday October 10th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

****ing sweet, it'll be interesting now seeing what the auld ps1 pads like after using a ps3 pad for so long. I rather a pad without triggers for fighting games thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

is it free to spectate? I might be in town 2morro could pop in for a quick gander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yep, just stroll upstairs and check it out if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It will. My stick is a PS1 stick.

I'll be bringing converters for PS1/2 -> PC, Gamecube, xbox, PS3 and 360.
    Good idea. I'll bring a PS1/2-> PC/PS3 adapter, too.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I feel like such a douche now, but I'm afraid I can't attend. The way the bus/train runs from Clare, I'd have about 2 hours of play for about 9 hours of journey time, and it's just not worth it. I know I'm not the biggest loss to the roster, but still I was really looking forward to this. Guess I'll have to wait til the christmas season. Sorry again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Come for Gaelcon/Lanparty.ie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Argh! To go or not to go, that is the question. Getting very displeasing thoughts of the fact that its a four hour journey plus I found out over the last few days, I'm well out of practice. My mind is like 10 times slower than when I'm playing at my best.

Ah, I'll go. I want to test out my Dan winning techniques :P. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I drank an awful lot yesterday and so my attendance is unlikely. Never try ladyboys :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ok will be in at around 2:30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

On the way in my self.
    Called the XGC just nowto book some consoles - don't really think the lad I was speaking to understood what I was on about.

Anyways - if anyone gets there before me, can you ask to rent consoles on the left hand side of the room (as you look in from the door) so we can keep the group in the same area - both PS3 & Xbox.

Pravda are also showing the match aftrewards which is handy for pints!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Jim wrote: »
    Never try ladyboys :/

Erm..yeah don't worry I planned on doing that any time soon :s

Anywho I'll be heading out the door myself in a bit, should be there by 2:15 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

**** i only woke up now...........
    how long do you guys usually play for?
    dont know wether to go or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Usually until about 6ish. Plenty of time left.

I sitting in bed hung over right now but **** it I'll try and leg it in and get at least an hour or so in. Tis only a 5 min bus ride for me, looking at all those people talking about their long ass journeys makes me feel like a wanker for not showing up :p

Sigh, so here goes nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

ggs all, pity I had to leave early.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Nice day lads...

But honestly what the crap.. for once there was more PS3 players than Sex'box!! :eek:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Great day :)

As much as beer and street fighter is great, beer before street fighter is bad.
    Must remember to get a good nights sleep before lanparty/gaelcon.

Argh! Disappointed that I didn't make it. I'll definitely come down next time. Would anyone be up for a meet for next weekend actually?

Oh and **** Gilardino

Nice day lads...

But honestly what the crap.. for once there was more PS3 players than Sex'box!! :eek:

I think its because of the slim release. I guess some people have some issues against fat PS3s :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs everyone I got games in with, and cheers to the lads afterwards for subsidising a couple of pints... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Argh! Disappointed that I didn't make it. I'll definitely come down next time. Would anyone be up for a meet for next weekend actually?

I'll be around next weekend for sure. The other usual suspects should be there also.

Had some great games and pints yesterday. But for once the xbox users felt like the rejects!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

That was your fault, no one wants to be associated with the format that has a Sagat player on it! :P

Had many fun games yesterday despite some lame Guile player trying to ruin it. Stupid airthrow. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah it was like the twilight zone, we needed 4 PS3's with people also waiting to get their turn. Last time I was there I think we only needed 1 PS3 for the entire session.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Good to meet the grand total of the two of you I hadn't played before. I must venture over to the Xbox side next time

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

:( So annoyed I couldn't go. What was the turnout like?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Turn out was pretty dam decent! I would say about 15 people? Well around that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

gg's to everyone i fought, had some fun fights, and learned a few very nice zangief tips.

sorry if anyone took offence at my taunting, i don't mean no disrespect!

it would have been cool if there was more player rotation though... i saw very nice viper, guile, fuerte, akuma, ryu, sagat, chun li, balrog and abel players that i would have like to have fought, but didn't get around to

@ owmykneecap, i wasn't fully asleep on the bus, just dozing, i would have told you when we got to arklow, but it was cool, you woke up on time anyway

Icarian wrote: »

it would have been cool if there was more player rotation though.

I agree, I've played quite a lot of the same people a number of times now and theres loads i've not played or played properly at least, mainly on the 360 side.

Farzad was sayin it might be a fun idea to have a mess 360 v ps3 tourny thing which could be good for a laugh. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Back from france and would love to play a few games next weekend. Haven't been on the booze in ages so I'd be up for pints as well. Shame I missed this weeks. Also had tickets to the match as well :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good fun yesterday and an excellent turnout even with a few regulars missing.

Glad the person I convinced to come didn't turn up to find only two or three others.

Us PS3 owners were out in force too, although for me it doesn't really matter what console I play on.

I officially hate Dreddy's Zangief! Now with Icarian it's going to be doubly hard!

Chuns Ultra is full of BS, punishing a blocked EX Headbutt.

Lets hope next week has a similar turnout to prepare for two, yes TWO tournaments in one weekend.

Regular Street Fighter tournaments in Ireland, almost brings a tear to the eye.

Advertisement