Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very high memory usage in windows 7

• 04-10-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

Hey i have 4gb of ram and around 80% is being used all the time . The problem is when i look at the prosseces in TM it only add's up to around 1gb (resource manager tell's me the same ) . Has anyone ever encountered this problem before ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Windows 7 (and Vista) precaches programs into RAM so they load faster. Unless your machine is running slowly, I wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

it is running quite slow , i have a laptop of lower specs on windows 7 and it is running mush faster and only using around 1.2 gb .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

How do you know 80% of the 4GB is being used if Resource Manager and Task Manager are telling you its less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

sorry that was explained badly on my part , task manager is telling me 80% is being used when i go to performence , but when i look at the proccesses it just does not add up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Are you "Showing processes from all users" in task manager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

If you go to the Process's tab under Task Manager and sort the list by clicking on the "Memory" tab at the top, it should sort the process's from most to least memory usage. Whats taking up the most ram?
    Is the issue prevalent in safe mode also? Just to rule out whether its a problem with Windows 7 or a third party application thats hogging the extra memory.

Advertisement