Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U20 S10: the ultimate training program!

Options
  • 04-10-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

I've been asked to put this up

Basically they want us (the newish members) to get one decent irish 17 year old each and stick him on 10 sessions.
    Proposal (if have stolen a lot of phrases from HdeMoel)

The World Cup is in full swing. Time to start thinking about the future. Whoever is our next coach, he or she will have a lot of advantage of the training program that started in S5 by HdeMoel. http://br-ireland.forumakers.com/discussions-ideas-f12/setting-up-an-nt-training-program-t283.htm
    Players like: Mullins, Brosnan, Brophy and MacConville are well trained and will make a difference when we arrive to the WC. In the end it comes down to the coach to win the whole damn thing, the community can only increase his chances.

Basic idea NT training program:
    Clubs only have a limited amount of individual training slots and as good as all managers put their own team's performance before that of the NT and spread their training slots around many players. However, in order to be really successful at the international level, we will need star players though.
    What if 15 (or more) Irish managers are willing to commit themselves to spending 10 individual training slots on a single player in order to create this team of star players?

Why is this not enough for the U20’s?
    We are not the only nation that trains his youngsters early. To have an advantage at the WC we should train a whole team (incl. reserves) the maximum amount of time at the maximum number of individual sessions: the ultimate training program!

The best possible result we will achieve by training up two players for every position. All of these players are introduced to the game in S7 and can therefore receive the full amount of 4 seasons of training before we kick off in the WC.

Step 1 S6R16: Who has a 10 star Youth Academy?

Step 2 S7R1: List 17 y.o. in the Youth Academies

Almost all the future players should have to be 17 in our Youth Academies at round 1 of season 7. I’d like to make a list on the spreadsheet of all these youngsters in the full investment academies. We will be looking for future talents.

Who can assist me in this task?

Step 3 S7: Pull and report future talents.

A player should either have:
    - perfect attributes and not too bad CSR > 10K (especially psychotic / flawless players that weigh over 130 kilos or are over 205 cm tall. http://br-ireland.forumakers.com/discussions-ideas-f12/nt-player-attribute-requirements-t284.htm
    - highly skilled CSR > 20K when pulled

When a future talent is pulled the manager posts the player on this website. Section: U20 S10 (to be made).

Step 4 S7: Welcome a new talent to our ultimate training program

The training program and manager discus what to do, either:
    - The manager decides to train the talent.
    - The manager decides to sell the player to another manager that agrees to train the player. An agreement on a 3 day sale at a strange time could help to keep other manager away. Off course a fair price should be paid.
    - The talent will not be participating in the ultimate training program.

The coordinator will make sure we are training enough players for all positions and don’t end up with a surplus of flankers and too few props.

Step 4 S7 – S10: Train the players as good possible.

It’s up to the individual managers to train these players as intensively as possible (I’d say 8 to 10 slots and as many games as possible). The training nets should be spread out over as many different skills as possible (maybe a second slot for some key skills) to create all-round players and maximize the training effect.

Step 5 S7 – S8: Monitor the players that are being trained

The progress will be monitored in order to encourage managers to continue training their future talent. Every five weeks we will ask the manager an update on the progress and training schedule. With this information we can publish a fictional line-up.

Step 6 S9 – S10: kick ass

A new U20 manager will be elected in S9. What a luxury position he will have to select his squad. I hope he will only select players that are young enough to play the S10 WC.

For us it is time to start up the U20 S12 training program.

Step 7 S10: Win the U20 World Cup!

Step 8 S11: Select players for the NT training program
    Our talents have become seniors and some can make the transition to the NT training program. Others will just be excellent club players.

As indicated the setup of the project is debatable and the above steps are my personal opinion. When there is consensus we can proceed to actually undertake the steps we agree on.

Cheers,
    Gringo

Go to the offsite for more details. I'm planning on doing it, anyone else going to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

My decent Irish lads are too old - 19 and 20 at the mo. I'll see what comes from the academy over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Dont have the academy or the money for it at the moment and probably won't for another season or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Would love to do this also - but no decent young enough irish lads... nor got a decent acadamy. Am planning next season to get income up to a level to sustain a 50k investment level. in a season or two can join in this programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I've a couple of 16 year olds doing Admirable-Below Potential in my youth team. Might be good enough when they're promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Hi guys,
    Here my ideas about what non-trainable attributes we should be looking for in our NT prospects.

Props
    aggression: (conservative) collected/aggressive/psychotic
    discipline: controlled/flawless
    height: 180-185 cm
    weight: >120 kg
    leadership: -
    key skills: technique/strength

Hooker
    height: 175 – 182 cm
    weight: >120 kg
    key skills: handling/technique/strength

Locks
    height: 205+ cm
    weight: >115 kg
    key skills: jumping/handling/technique/strength

Back Rowers
    aggression: collected/aggressive/psychotic
    height: 192+ cm
    weight: >110 cm
    key skills: technique/defense

Scrumhalf
    aggression: all
    discipline: collected/controlled/flawless
    height: -
    weight: -
    leadership: reputable+
    key skills: handling/kicking

Flyhalf
    aggression: all
    discipline: collected/controlled/flawless
    leadership: reputable+
    key skills: handling/kicking/attack

Centres
    aggression: (collected)/aggressive/psychotic
    discipline: (reckless)/collected/controlled/flawless

Wingers
    weight: <95 kg

Fullback
    leadership: decent+

To me it seems that high aggression does not seem to have any negative effects (contrary to the docs which seem to imply that high aggression would also concedes more penalties). Furthermore, it is clear to many managers that the amount of extra turnovers created because of low discipline doesn’t even come close to counteract the penalties given away. Lastly, it is my belief that #9 and #10 should have high leadership to read the situation well on the pitch and direct the game-play. It is not known how this is incorporated in the ME, but if the goal is to reflect RL with the ME than it should be there I think. There are also some hint in the commentary indicating that the #9 directed a maul well to score a try (which I got a couple of times). However, they could just be commentary lines not related to how the ME works.
    Furthermore, training efficiency for certain skills should now be linked to height and weight. I presume that speed, for instance, will pop quicker for players with low weight compared to heavier players.

From the NT manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

That's also a really good list for people in the TM at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

corny wrote: »
    I've a couple of 16 year olds doing Admirable-Below Potential in my youth team. Might be good enough when they're promoted.

Corny, what level of investment were those guys recruited at ?

jprender wrote: »
    Corny, what level of investment were those guys recruited at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Think this is a great idea. Unfortunately I haven't got good enough facilities/coaches at the moment to be of much use (lvl 2 facilities and not all lvl 2 coaches). I'm planning major upgrades next season though so maybe from then on!

I'm buying my UTP player ATM. He is a 136kg prop. :D If I get him I'll post him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Just to let you all know that we are hoping to fill the FH, Wing, and FB slots from the youth promotions that we get tomorrow.

If you pull anything of note, please let me know !

Promoted one of those players with a CSR of 22,312.:cool: Good stats for a hooker too. Currently have a bid of 490,000 for him. Crazy money for young uns at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 winnow

Cool, thanks

ajeffares wrote: »
    I'm buying my UTP player ATM. He is a 136kg prop. :D If I get him I'll post him up.

Did you get him in the end Ajeffares?

eoferrall wrote: »
    Did you get him in the end Ajeffares?

Nope he went for 125k, just a bit too much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Promoted one of those players with a CSR of 22,312.:cool: Good stats for a hooker too. Currently have a bid of 490,000 for him. Crazy money for young uns at the minute.

Wow thats nice. Pretty good return on your invest in your academy. I assume u have you full stars and 50k investment a week in your academy ya?

suppafly wrote: »
    Wow thats nice. Pretty good return on your invest in your academy. I assume u have you full stars and 50k investment a week in your academy ya?

Yeah. Think full investment pays for itself these days with the transfer market gone mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Hey everyone, i doubt he's good enough but i thought i'd post here considering the interest from elsewhere he's been getting.

He's got good characteristics just in case anyones interested
    He gains pretty much 150-300csr/week with 3 lvl 1 training sessions, so i'm sure he'd do much better with better facilities!98091.png

Currently going for $31,000

Yeah. Think full investment pays for itself these days with the transfer market gone mental.

Started mine a bit late... hoping to catch the end of season market with a few guys! :D

bring in some cash for the season as I do not expect much winnings this season!

Advertisement