Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review Request: Dboys M4 CQB SD

Options
  • 04-10-2009 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Everyone,

I am starting out in airsoft and I really want to get the Dboys M4 CQB SD. I have read and seen a couple of reviews of it and it gets good reviews, however I have heard, in other reviews, that Dboys have inherent internal flaws, i.e. bad ROF & Stock Batteries, bad shimming etc. Has anyone any experience of this with this AEG?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Cruelsphere

elmotastic wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I am starting out in airsoft and I really want to get the Dboys M4 CQB SD. I have read and seen a couple of reviews of it and it gets good reviews, however I have heard, in other reviews, that Dboys have inherent internal flaws, i.e. bad ROF & Stock Batteries, bad shimming etc. Has anyone any experience of this with this AEG?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

hi elmotastic,
    i have just got this AEG recently, i havn't taking it out to a skirmish yet tho but the RoF from the AEG is pretty good its better than my AUG A2 and H&K 416. i cant say much about the battery as i havn't used it enough to wear down the battery, but overall i think the Dboys M4 CQB SD is a pretty good AEG.
    cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 17 elmotastic

Thanks very much Cruel! Well at least theres one good result out of the box :)
    If anyone has any more info it would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Cruelsphere

no bother elmotastic,
    cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭Evade

I wasn't too lucky with my Dboys M4 CQB SD. The first day I skirmished with it it was good apart from a wide grouping. The second skirmish the inner barrel and hop-up chamber started to slide forward ruining the air seal and it wasn't feeding properly. I brought it to Quality Airsoft Supplies they fixed the hop-up chamber and feeding problems and re-shimmed the gear box. I got a tightbore barrel and better hop up bucking put in too and it's a great AEG now.

The only other things I don't find great is it doesn't come with a front sight and the paint on mine chips off very easily.

Thanks very much for the response Evade. So far its like the reviews on the net, when you get it, it appears to be a little hit and miss with Dboys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

I bought this gun, it's a decent gun. It's got a high enough power, just under a joule. Although I did have one problem, my fire selecter gradualy started getting loose, and then finaly fell off(Speaking of which, I would like to know if/where I can get that fixed) so I would be carefull about that. Other then that it's brilliant value.

thanks guys for all the responses! come payday i think ill be off down the shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

I got mine ages back. Its lovely feel etc good grouping and power but it steadily drops int now .7J and i sold it on, The tappet plate broke as well and the spring wears down quickly enough

Sorry to give you the news

Thanks SD, its good to hear about wear and tear items. I reckon that most aegs will need upgrading as they age so Im not too worried about that, I was moreso worried about getting a PoS out of the box.

Got to love that silencer-thru-handrail look......

Advertisement