Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we being conned?..help

• 04-10-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

A couple of weeks ago a girl from eircom called to our door and asked how much we were paying for our phone service from(pure-telecom) & would we consider a new portable phone and moving our phone calls back to them( with free meteor calls/free portable phone/cheap calls), which I currently get my BroadBand & norton AV from anyway and which would save us money combining the two for €65pm minus my parents O.A.P Gov Discount(7.6m bb+calls) which worked out at a reasonable €37.91 P.M....This she marked on a page before she left & also said there would be no changes & no disruption to our service just one eircom bill instead of two bills we had been receiving(pure+eircom )...simples:) ..right??

...This week however my norton AV was cut off (with no warning from eircom) my speed took a nose dive from 7.6 > 1.5 & i recieved 2 Bills within 2 days.One bill for over €90 & the next two days later for €170 including....
    2 months broadband @ €80.00 / line rental @ 50.00 & a mailbox charge @ €2.50 which i never asked for either(and have proof of too) thats before the calls were added.So much for no easy to change & no disruption :mad:
    Anyone know What can i do next or have a similar resolved issue??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Open a formal complaint immediately , www.eircom.ie customer services link log a complaint link or by phone on 1800 200 481 weekdays. You are in a bundle and should get a credit for a pensioners line rental .

Make sure you get a complaint reference number

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Open a formal complaint immediately , www.eircom.ie customer services link log a complaint link or by phone on 1800 200 481 weekdays. You are in a bundle and should get a credit for a pensioners line rental .

Make sure you get a complaint reference number

Indeed thought as much .thanks

Advertisement