Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim Festival, Spain 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 crapbag24

guys finding it very hard to get accomodation for the festival. Have tickets already and dont want to waste them.

Any help on accomodation? or ideas? was think of getting a campervan? Do you know if you can camp with one or is it tents only? Dont fancy it in that heat!!!!

Does anyone know if you can get a camper van and camp at the festival as apposed to a tent? and how would I find out about it, etc.?

Guys, any help on this would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

It says on the official website that 'Anyone planning to attending the Festival in caravans, RVs or trailers can request space on caravanas.fiberfib.com. Space is limited', but that link just still says coming soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Loads of accomodation in Marina D'Or, and buses every 30 minutes to the festival and back.

Just dont book with Dans Fib, they are TERRIBLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Gorillaz just added, delirah :D Really enjoyed Plastic Beach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Caoimh35

crapbag24 wrote: »
    guys finding it very hard to get accomodation for the festival. Have tickets already and dont want to waste them.

Any help on accomodation? or ideas? was think of getting a campervan? Do you know if you can camp with one or is it tents only? Dont fancy it in that heat!!!!

Booked last year and this year with marinador.com, lovely air con apartments in Marina dor in Oropesa. 6 person apartment for circa €600 for a week. Buses going to the gig every hour. €50 for weekend bus pass to and from gig at all hours. Had a class time last year and this years line up so far is impressive.

are there showers in each campsite or only certain ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

crapbag24 wrote: »
    are there showers in each campsite or only certain ones?

Nearly positive there are showers in all campsties. They are communal showers and people are not too shy about shedding the clothes!

I camped last year and had a blast but I managed to sneak a couple of nights in an apartment with a few I met over there.

Camping is though and if ya have the money and find accommodation nearby go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cvwallace

Anyone know what the story is with parking? planning a road-trip through france and spain, hitting pamplona and benicassim on the way, just wondering if there's parking close to the camp sites and if there'd be a good chance of the car still being there by the end of the festival!?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

cvwallace wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with parking? planning a road-trip through france and spain, hitting pamplona and benicassim on the way, just wondering if there's parking close to the camp sites and if there'd be a good chance of the car still being there by the end of the festival!?

Last year there was a car park right beside the entrance to the camp sites and gig area. I dont know if you have to pre book.

It was basically an open area of ground used for parking and I didnt see any distrubances to the cars. there was always a lot of police around the entrance as it's just off a major road and they had to control pedestrians/cars etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cvwallace

cool, know a couple of people who've had their wheels robbed from the carparks at oxygen, and I'd be pretty pissed if my first time in beni, my ride got pinched. Thanks dude :D

Anyone know anything about the new VillaCamp site?

"It’s equipped with individual showers and bathrooms and will count with a parking area, security, medical and food & beverage services. VillaCamp will open from July 12th-20th. The full stay has a cost of 65 € per person."

For 65 quid ... I don't know, that doesn't really sell it for me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the new VillaCamp site?

"It’s equipped with individual showers and bathrooms and will count with a parking area, security, medical and food & beverage services. VillaCamp will open from July 12th-20th. The full stay has a cost of 65 € per person."

For 65 quid ... I don't know, that doesn't really sell it for me

Sounds a bit ****e to me. It's been three summers since I was there, but I camped in the site nearest the arena site. There was a medical tent, clean toilets (cleaned a few times a day), hot food (pizza and panini), bar and a juice stand. The communal showers REALLY aren't that bad. Loads of people shower naked, no ones looking at each other, it's just a shower. If not, just keep on your swim gear.
    I guess the only thing is security. We had no issues though. Left money, passports, tickets and all in the tent :p Not ideal, but we had no worries.

Twee. wrote: »
    Sounds a bit ****e to me. It's been three summers since I was there, but I camped in the site nearest the arena site. There was a medical tent, clean toilets (cleaned a few times a day), hot food (pizza and panini), bar and a juice stand. The communal showers REALLY aren't that bad. Loads of people shower naked, no ones looking at each other, it's just a shower. If not, just keep on your swim gear.
    I guess the only thing is security. We had no issues though. Left money, passports, tickets and all in the tent :p Not ideal, but we had no worries.

Sounds like the craic :p Is there not lockers to put your passports in though, no?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Sounds like the craic :p Is there not lockers to put your passports in though, no?

I mean the extra €65 is a bit ****e, when everything is in the regular campsites!

I don't remember lockers, maybe I just bypassed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

went last year and flew into reus and made way down! flew with ryan air! camped in the camping site nearest the arena!arrived at about half 11 at night so trying to find a place to put up the tent was hard but after a good while of walking around found someone who was working there and they took us to this place that was still cornered off and was still grass so got a great spot!if you are camping make sure and turn your tent towards the sea as a breeze comes in and up towards the mountain and this breeze can be a life saver at 10 in the morning! we left our plane tickets and passports and everything in tent for the week and stayed in a hostel in salou the night before we left for the festival and two nights after! dont think i have ever been so happy to see a bed when got back to the hostel! it was a great hostel with two beds in a room and our own toilet and shower in the room also which was class seeing it was only something like 20euro a night and salou was cool enough to hang around for two days after the festival!for all the giving out about oxegen i seen far more beer leary types at it,ya know the type of english lads ya see on booze britian! and cant imagine what it will be like this year if they are still in the world cup! would be a pretty funny situation if they ended up playing spain,could be a little riot on the cards! last year was mental because of the storms and bush fires that shut down the festival on the night kings of leon were ment to be playing! i have never witnessed wind like it and the campsite was pretty dangerous thata night!slept with my tent literally wrapped around me and my friend had the inside part wrapped around him!rocks literally being picked up with the wind and flying through the air! oh and an absolute MUST is buy a lilo when you get there,works absolute wonders as a matress as the ground can be very very hard and rocky! hope thats some help, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Hi flas,

Goin to benicassim this year and wondering how did u get from barcelona to rues airport as im flying into cork, tried checking the trains but the only trains leaving are all at night around 22:30 do u know any other way

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

flas wrote: »
    went last year and flew into reus and made way down! flew with ryan air! camped in the camping site nearest the arena!arrived at about half 11 at night so trying to find a place to put up the tent was hard but after a good while of walking around found someone who was working there and they took us to this place that was still cornered off and was still grass so got a great spot!if you are camping make sure and turn your tent towards the sea as a breeze comes in and up towards the mountain and this breeze can be a life saver at 10 in the morning! we left our plane tickets and passports and everything in tent for the week and stayed in a hostel in salou the night before we left for the festival and two nights after! dont think i have ever been so happy to see a bed when got back to the hostel! it was a great hostel with two beds in a room and our own toilet and shower in the room also which was class seeing it was only something like 20euro a night and salou was cool enough to hang around for two days after the festival!for all the giving out about oxegen i seen far more beer leary types at it,ya know the type of english lads ya see on booze britian! and cant imagine what it will be like this year if they are still in the world cup! would be a pretty funny situation if they ended up playing spain,could be a little riot on the cards! last year was mental because of the storms and bush fires that shut down the festival on the night kings of leon were ment to be playing! i have never witnessed wind like it and the campsite was pretty dangerous thata night!slept with my tent literally wrapped around me and my friend had the inside part wrapped around him!rocks literally being picked up with the wind and flying through the air! oh and an absolute MUST is buy a lilo when you get there,works absolute wonders as a matress as the ground can be very very hard and rocky! hope thats some help, enjoy!

Hi flas,

Goin to benicassim this year and wondering how did u get from barcelona to rues airport as im flying into cork, tried checking the trains but the only trains leaving are all at night around 22:30 do u know any other way

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

we flew into rues which is right beside salou so we were already half way between barcalona and the festival site!? i dont know any other way to get down,maybe check the buses( like spanish version of bus eireann) and see if there are any buses going in that direction and get bookin soon! sorry if i wasnt much help! e-festivals website and their forum has a good bit of stuff on benicassim if that can be any help either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 finan!!

HI!
    im going from ireland aswel for the 1st time!we're getting the train from alicante and prob renting a car to get back as the times dont suit us on the train!looks like it gonna take about 3hrs but i reckon it'l be worth it!!

To anybody who has been there before can you tell me what the story is in reguards to drinking?we're staying in accomodation outside benecassim and was just wondering if we can being our own beer with us into the festival grounds??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Fitzc

Hey
    Planning on heading to Benicassim but have hit the slight problem of accommodation...thinking of staying in Marina D'or, just wondering if anybody has any idea how far away it is??
    I've seen posts saying that there are buses that go from there to the festival but just wondering if they go all night & how long the bus ride takes??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Fitzc wrote: »
    Hey
    Planning on heading to Benicassim but have hit the slight problem of accommodation...thinking of staying in Marina D'or, just wondering if anybody has any idea how far away it is??
    I've seen posts saying that there are buses that go from there to the festival but just wondering if they go all night & how long the bus ride takes??

Takes about 20 minutes and they leave every 30 minutes. €50 for a ticket for the whole festival (dont lose it).

The bus is run by a shower of c*nts though, Danes Fib. Getting out there is no problem, but they tend to move around the location of the pickup spot at the festival everyday without any notice or telling anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 p_unit

Is it easy to buy a tent over there? Just so so it would work out about the same/cheaper then checking one in with ryanair? and lugging it half way around Spain!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Not long now. Im flying out on Thursday... Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Hey any packing tips?
    I'm off to Barcalona today then headin down to Beni v.exxxxcited!!!

Im travelling around for 2 weeks. Loads of shorts and tee shirts i think. Comfy shoes and loads of shower gel for the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

How Waterford far on Sunday will depend on if I go.
    Mate booked a hotel for 85 a night with an extra 35 for me I go to put in a bed. around 70 a night including breakfast( is there a point in breakfast with how late it would be) I might camp.

A few things I like to know.

What is the atmosphere like at it? ( I know that oxegen has gotten scummy)

Is it mainly a Spainish crowd?

Would Camping be the way to go.

How do you far with showers there?

What would the drink cost?

I am fairly sure that with the plane ticket that you get a bus down to the venue. Around 20 degrees or so at the moment. Which could rise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

as one of those scary people that i always swore i would not become, i reckon i'll be one of the oldest 'kids' rockin up to the festival . It will be my third time there should i make it that far, and yes since I first went the english contingent has risen dramatically. Hopefully because Glastonbury was on this year , most of them will not bother and carry on in butlins instead.
    But I have so far touch wood had a good experience there, most times I've made festival buddies to hang out with and go to the beach with, there is a LIDL at the end of town, the campsite is one of the best kept festival campsites Ive been to, and yes it can get fierce hot in the day. Last time I went i bought my ticket on e-bay and i dont know whether it arrived or not, but postoffice dude got himself a wrsitband.
    So left with no ticket I experienced the festival from the outside and had an eve nbetter time than when I was Part of it. I met a great crew of crusties and an old guy(like myself!) on a moped who told me where to go to watch the headline acts. All in all it was far more chilled than had i been in with the crowd, as being surrounded by beer spilling hoorays just isnt my idea of fun. So should you see me, give us a wave. THe beach is the place to hang during the day, that or the freezer section in the supermarket.:)

They opened up the campsite beside the beach after they said they wouldnt. Some people may have paid for the vip area. But im happy as ive heard good things about the facilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Howya's!

I'm heading over to Beni by myself on Thursday the 15th to meet friends who will already be there. I'm flying into Reus with Ryanair on the 08:45 - 12:15 flight. I looked up a few things about getting from Reus to the festival so I thought I would post them here for anyone who is having trouble finding out where to go once they land...

So when you arrive in Reus you need to get to the Reus train station. The number 50 bus will take you there and should only take about 15 mins. You could even get a taxi to beat the crowds coming from the airport.

Once in Reus train station you need to buy a ticket to Tarragona. There is no direct route to Benicassim from Reus. The journey from Reus to Tarragona is about 15 mins long. Once in Tarragona you then can buy your ticket to Beni. The journey from Tarragona to Beni should take you 1hr 25mins.

You can book your train tickets from the following link...

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

One problem though, the only tickets you can buy online for the journey from Reus to Tarragona is for a train leaving at 5 in the morning! I have a feeling that the reason you can't buy tickets online for this is because maybe this is like Spain's equivalent of the Dart and then from Tarragona to Beni it's a Commuter. Sure worst comes to worst you can get a taxi to Tarragona from Reus airport. According to a website I found it only costs €25 for that.

Anyone else heading over on the same flight?

Advertisement