Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim Festival, Spain 2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

"They opened up the campsite beside the beach after they said they wouldnt. Some people may have paid for the vip area. But im happy as ive heard good things about the facilities."

So does that mean you're there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Can your bring your own beer in and what beer is available and at what cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

reaaly nervous about heading but more about tyin up loose ends b4 i go...ah no point worryin, itll work out the way its sposed to ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Headin down tomorrow. can´t wait!!!

HEading out on Friday from Cork should be there for about 6 or so. REally looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

any tales,pics,reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Absolutely class weekend. Great banter at the campsite (though it was 3rd-world standard), gorgeous beach and of course cracking music. My top ten from the gigs:
    ‎1. Calvin Harris
    2. Gorillaz
    3. Cut Copy
    4. Foals
    5. Temper Trap
    6. Ian Brown
    7. Julian Casablancas
    8. Goldfrapp
    9. Scratch Perverts
    10. The Prodigy

Great weekend. Sunday's lineup was bit poor though. the big pint and half were nearly too big . I'd say it was populated by 90% English. Need a few stronger acts next year. Disgusted I missed Fionn Regan but saw him walking down on Saturday and gave him a big shout out and he saluted back

1 The Specials
    2 Mumford and Sons
    3 Ash
    4 Vampire Weekend (great band but Mumford stole their thunder)
    5 Julian Casablancas

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

thesultan wrote: »
    Disgusted I missed Fionn Regan but saw him walking down on Saturday and gave him a big shout out and he saluted back

Fionn Was such a pure hearted lovely chap!
    He seemed so modest and nervous on stage it was so sweet!
    some guy in the crowd started shouting that they loved him and he just stops and goes "i love you too".

Does anybody else agree that the drug dealers were actually very friendly and polite? most of them actually exused themselves for interupting a conversation, i found it mad.

I cant beleive nobody gave a shoutout to dizzee rascal yet. im not a big dizzee fan but he put on one hell of a show and was a real crowd pleaser. and when he played bonkers as the encore the entire place errupted, it was awsome.
    im well going next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

ddef wrote: »
    Does anybody else agree that the drug dealers were actually very friendly and polite? most of them actually exused themselves for interupting a conversation, i found it mad.

Definitely agree! I couldn't believe how ubiquitous they were, and how unobtrusive. There was an old woman selling "space cakes" in Benicamp (God knows how she got in), and she was all smiles and asking everyone how they were. Until she pulled out the drugs my mate was convinced she was some sort of FIB representative sent to take care of us! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I loved Ray davies, Mumford and sons, prodigy, boynoize, goldfrapp, dizzie and gorillaz. Hard work camping for 7 nights but a great experience

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Definitely agree! I couldn't believe how ubiquitous they were, and how unobtrusive. There was an old woman selling "space cakes" in Benicamp (God knows how she got in), and she was all smiles and asking everyone how they were. Until she pulled out the drugs my mate was convinced she was some sort of FIB representative sent to take care of us! :rolleyes:
    I offered a load of pills over the weekend there. Very strange that I saw no trouble at all

oppiuy wrote: »
    They opened up the campsite beside the beach after they said they wouldnt. Some people may have paid for the vip area. But im happy as ive heard good things about the facilities.

Take it back. The facilities in benni camp were pretty basic.

Was there showers there?

Will any of it be shown on tv?

Yeah but you had to que. I though it would be 1 big communal shower and you could hop straight in.they were cold but that was a good thing. The cleaners did a pretty good job as well.

Theres stuff up on youtube. It was fantastic

Advertisement