Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

so many lenses

• 04-10-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Was interested in getting a new lens, but have forgotten what was mentioned here once, took notes but moving house could mean notes are in the bin!!

Someone here mentioned an f1.8 12 - 24 I think, that no one should be without........

I have a canon EOS 450D - so can someone verify this? Im switching off broadband from tomorrow so not sure how long more I can come here, but was hoping to get info before I move just in case:D

I also intend to get the 18 - 200 IS lens, as I hear good things about it - although my 18 - 55 kit lens would be dormant........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I think you're probably thinking of the 50mm f1.8.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sounds like the nifty fifty alright.

Why not get the new 55-250 IS instead of the 18-200.
    I little extra reach and no need to ignore the kit just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

55 - 250 IS sounds good too!! What make for a Canon? or is it only Canon that have brought out that new lens? Not too sure if I need a nifty 50!! I need a wide angle lens tho........with IS if available??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You won't need IS on a wide. It's only of use on long lenses.
    Perhaps you should get to grips with what you have first?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I think it's really hard to reccomend lenses when you have not said what you want to shoot. It's a bit like saying reccomend me what sort of car I need but without any information of it's intended use.

• Advertisement

God - Dial up is slow!!!!!

Thanks for replies. Will take it from here for a while as this is impossible without broadband.

BTW - my photography interests lie in Landscape at the moment, with the intention of wildlife in the future.

Thanks to everyone for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

man, a 12-24 f/1.8 would be AMAZING!

Back in action again!!:D

I think I will try the F/1.8 12-24.

Just got to get time now to head to the city.

Still manouvering in between boxes here..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

mumof2 wrote: »
    God - Dial up is slow!!!!!

Hey, if you are still on dial up and finding it sooooo slooooowwwww you can always use the mobile boards

http://m.boards.ie

Its a cut down version but you get lots of speed however zero graphics. Its good for reading the threads and if images are included you get to choose to click on them rather than the forum sending them to you.

Good luck with the move / new lens.

:D

Dial up was some time back!!

Im on mobile broadband now. Its brilliant, getting more speed than at old house:p

Thanks tho.:)

• Advertisement

Ok with the move out of the way, and over the flu, I can now head to Cork tomoro to get a lens.

Im going to get some advice in the shop too about a wide angle lens and hope to come out happy!

Im not happy with my broadband tho, and will be offline for 10 days or so again, as I have to start from scratch - meaning I cant review anything online!!:(

Will keep ye posted on what I got!:D

Advertisement