Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone net for Nokia E51

• 04-10-2009 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey I recently got a Nokia E51 phone as a present. The only problem is, is that its for the o2 network. I got the phone unlocked so it works for my vodafone sim and everything is working good except for the internet.

On my main screen it still has O2 in the corner for connecting to the internet. I tried using it but it wont allow me. I'm guessing because of my vodafone sim. Can anyone help me get vodafone live set up on it so I can use the net on the phone??

Thanks for any help..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Not sure of the exact menu off hand but go into your settling and then personalisation and then standby and then standby shortcuts .. or something to that effect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rob 89

nah there's no personalisation that i can find. I can normally set up different phones on the net. I'm not bad technically with it. I got into a thing where i created a vodafone thing and messed with the settings but still not working. This phone's a bit tricky lol

cheers anyways...

Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Personalisation > Standby Mode > Shortcuts > Right selection key

That's what it is on my n95 which is a similiar operating system. I'll try find my e51 here and see what it is on that one, but should be similiar enough.

++ Edit
    Sorry, you're trying to setup the internet as well as change the shortcut on your home screen?

ha yeah im trying to connect to vodafone live as well as change the shortcut. i fixed the shortcut though so thanks :)

any idea how to get the net working now though?

cheers

There's a sticky at the top of this forum. It's got settings for various operators.

Here's the Vodafone Live settings
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855432&postcount=39

Try to combine it with this to get it setup on your phone
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61677882&postcount=53
    (just sub in the Vodafone settings for the O2 ones, the phone should be similiar in setup)

• Advertisement

Cheers, I just updated all those settings for vodafone live. Do ya know how i apply them now??? I can normally do it on most nokias but this phone's proving to be a bit of a pain ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Rob 89 wrote: »
    Cheers, I just updated all those settings for vodafone live. Do ya know how i apply them now??? I can normally do it on most nokias but this phone's proving to be a bit of a pain ha

If you've followed the links in Random's post, that show you where to go on your handset and exactly what settings to enter, then go to Web => Options => Settings => General => Access point => User defined => Select the APN you want to use, e.g. Vodafone Lve, and then select OK.

Now every time you select Web, it should connect you to Vodafone Live.

yup, working perfectly now :) thanks for all the help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Rob 89 wrote: »
    yup, working perfectly now :) thanks for all the help...

Glad to hear you've got it working. ;)

Advertisement