Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless bridging

• 04-10-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got two vodafone zyxel p-660hw's and i'm looking for help to try create a wireless bridge between them. Is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

jessconr wrote: »
    Hi,

I've got two vodafone zyxel p-660hw's and i'm looking for help to try create a wireless bridge between them. Is this possible?

What are you trying to achieve Jessy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

I'm trying to have one router connected to the dsl line and the other bridged wirelessly and connected via ethernet cable to my xbox 360. I dont fancy forking out €80 for an xbox wireless adapter. I know the p-660hw's dont support WDS but is there another way to to make one of them a wireless repeater/bridge. Is there firmware I can install to my router similar to DT-WRT(which doesn't seem to support the Zyxel P-66HW)???

Cheers if you can help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I would bridge over powerline/homeplug if I were you .

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I would bridge over powerline/homeplug if I were you .

Yeah taught about that but that would mean me buying 2no. plugs. Why do that when I've got 2no. routers!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Just did a quick search to see if the p660hw supported WDS but according to this post it doesn't:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14844802

butts wrote: »
    Just did a quick search to see if the p660hw supported WDS but according to this post it doesn't:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14844802

It might be able to support it if I can download some 3rd party firmware. What firmware is the burning question???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think you'll get that working on those modems. Zyxel routers tend to be a bit crap. As Sponge Bob said, homeplugs might be the way to go for this. Certainly a more reliable method anyway than a wireless bridge, even if the bridge did work.

Advertisement