Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo 2009

Options
  • 04-10-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

EGAR was invited to participate at the Petexpo 2009 next weekend and I am going to have a stand there as well :p. So if you have nothing on, please come to the RDS and have a look! It will be a great day out for the family!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Il hopefully be going on the sunday so might pop over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Will be there on Saturday or Sunday, hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

do you have some more info or a link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

This is it: http://www.petexpo.ie/
    Its in dublin in the rds this weekend, good day out loads to buy and loads of freebies!:D Very interesting and definetely worth a visit if you have a pet or thinking of one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Think im going on sat or sun. Cant wait! EGAR what is your stand??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Just seen the front of The Irish Examiner, the two yorkies look just like my Tilly so cute! Hoping to go up on saturday as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

Myself and herself are going on Saturday. Any idea about parking there? Website says it's e6 for th whole day,but is there much space? So,lots of freebies? Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm going, didn't know it was going on until I saw this. I went onto the website and saw mollys.ie best rescue, where you enter your rescue pet into it. I figured it would be mostly dogs so I email in my cat (the one with three legs) and they want her to go, she'll also be the only cat.

If it gets too noisy for her my brother lives across the road so she can camp out there. I might stay in his place over night and get someone to feed the other cat, while I'm away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Did they ever find the turtle that got stolen last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Went last year with one of the kids and thought it was really good.
    Going on Friday with both of the kids,can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Think im going on sat or sun. Cant wait! EGAR what is your stand??

EGAR will only be there Sat and Sun as I can't manage Friday at all with all the animals and my son to look after.

The EGAR (East Galway Animal Rescue) stand will be at B8 near the agility ring.

This is the work I do:

http://www.egar.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ca3nie

I am hoping to go on Sunday myself went last year and had a brilliant day! There were alot of peoples pets at it last year when it states in the website you cannot bring your pet, so I dont know if I should bring my dog this year? I want to enter her in the 'fashion dog show' but there is notinhg on the website about it, does anyone know if they are holding it agian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funlovintapir

I'm looking forward to this but its a pity I can't bring my dog Virgil. I'll feel bad leaving him at home during it, he would just love it. You should be allowed if you've got proof of their vaccinations, it would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

ca3nie wrote: »
    There were alot of peoples pets at it last year when it states in the website you cannot bring your pet, so I dont know if I should bring my dog this year?

they had a competition on it, Cesar were running it, where you can enter your small dog into a draw for one of 300 passes. As far as I know they have been given out (Tilly got one!) but maybe email and ask if there are any left.

just wondering can I def buy tickets on the door for some reason I cant buy them on ticketmaster keep getting an error message. anyone manage to buy them?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ill be bringing my lot on either Saturday or Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Is this mainly for dogs and cats....?

I just have one little parrot at the moment, will there be any stands of interest to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

MaeveD wrote: »

I just have one little parrot at the moment, will there be any stands of interest to me?
    I had a look at the website, www.petexpo.ie , there's a group with birds of prey and bird watching ireland if that ruffles your feathers,hehehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

MaeveD wrote: »

Same as that. Dont get me wrong, i do like cats and dogs but ill be going to see the different species of birds they have on display as I keep birds myself. Never been to one of these expos before but im really looking forward to it. Can you buy pets there by the way, or is it only pet products that are for sale??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ca3nie

TillyGirl wrote: »
    they had a competition on it, Cesar were running it, where you can enter your small dog into a draw for one of 300 passes. As far as I know they have been given out (Tilly got one!) but maybe email and ask if there are any left.

Yeah I seen that competition thats for small dogs only, the competition they had last year was for any type or size of dog. i dont think my Shiba Inu would pass as small:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

ca3nie wrote: »
    TillyGirl wrote: »

Yeah I seen that competition thats for small dogs only, the competition they had last year was for any type or size of dog. i dont think my Shiba Inu would pass as small:)

i don't know, they are classed in wiki as a small dog

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiba_Inu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Although I am there in official capacity as an animal rescue, I am hoping to have a chat with poultry peeps as I am thinking about adding a few chicken to my menagerie and also a have a look at the fish.

It's not just about dogs and cats, there will be LOTS to chose from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 petchums.com

See you there, warning! I'll be the one wearing the pink hippo mascot costume!! mortified already... ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

I was at this yesterday with the kids.Small enough show but really top quality.If you like dogs,go.Really impressive mutts around the building.
    On the downside.Admission for adults €12(can live with that),kids €8(a bit steep)The real killer is the parking charged by the RDS €6(rip off Ireland comes to mind)
    Well done to the organisers and i appreciate you have big costs and was more than happy to pay.I did feel i got good value for money when leaving the show.
    <snip>I'm sure they charge the organisers enough to use the hall.

i went there this morning, its totally rubbish, i left after an hour. there's not many dogs at it even, the website says "Dog Breed Village" as if they have lots of different types, there must be representatives for less than 10 types scattered around the place. plus there's a whole lot of things on sale that are tacky cheap stuff and have nothing to do with animals, like shoes and clothes. the food was overpriced, and the even the charity christmas cards were really expensive, what a rip off, one of the only good things was the photographers who were taking free photos of pets, well you're not even allowed to bring your dog unless you win a a competition so its no use. i wanted to buy toys and treats for my dog, there was hardly any variety, i ended up just buying him a rain coat because he hates getting soaked, which was good value from the Outward Hound stall for 10 euro. i wouldnt recommend it to anyone though, unless you know someone who has a stall or something, the whole thing is so amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I agree, it was totally rubbish and a complete rip off for what was on offer. Way too many non animal related stalls and I felt there wasn't enough variety with the animal stalls. I couldn't believe how small it was too. I was expecting another room full of stalls. We did a circuit of the place in less than 10 minutes. €30 for entrance fees and parking equals the biggest waste of money I have spent this year :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

I'm just back from Pet Expo after being excited about it all week. I needed to get a few things for the brats so held off to buy them today. I was unfortunately disappointed though :o I was under the impression that it was going to be a wonderland of all things pets but it wasnt. There wasnt alot of varity as one poster just said. I needed to get a collar and lead as Kula has grown out of hers (well the collar!) and I wanted to get a lovely set but there was nothing really there :(
    There was a few cool things though! I loved the dancing dogs, that was great fun! We got some fantastic toys from a few stands, which the dogs are playing with right now and they're totally hyper! Of course I made my usual donantions to EGAR, Guide Dogs, The Donkey Sanctury and a few others so I guess not a total waste of a day. Lets hope next year will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So the same as last year then? I don't get them allowing non animal related stalls in. It is Pet Expo not some sort of causal trading arena for clothes and shoes that can be found in any reasonable sized town in Ireland.

I was approached last year about having a stand there and based on their rules and costs I certainly would not be bothered with them. Obviously it is making them money each year and hence it has not gone away.

the more i think about it the more offensive it is. it ended up costing me 30 euro to get in, and then they're selling things like framed michael jackson pictures

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

As bond has said we were approached for the first pet expo because they wanted us to bring our exotic animals & have them on display - I was worried about security as my pets are my babies & I would hate to leave them alone over night in the stables! Coming home each night is not an option.

The stalls were also very expensive & not good value for smaller businesses like ours. One day I will go & have a look for myself.

Advertisement