Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Connection fee...

• 04-10-2009 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm just after moving into a new apartment which had no phone connected for the past 2 years. This meant that an eircom engineer had to come out and reconnect the line before I could order broadband. All has been connected and broadband works perfectly, but our first bill arrived and there was a €120 charge to get the line reconnected.

I know this is a standard (if unfair) charge, but when I rang eircom to get the line reconnected, I was told by the sales rep that there was a promotion on at the time and that the connection was free, so I would not have to pay them a cent (regardless of whether I stayed with eircom or not).

When I rang eircom to ask why they had charged me, they said the promotion ended on 31st August, but I had ordered on 1st September. (They also said that the promotion started up again on the 18th of september, but that's beside the point...)

Does anyone know where do I stand with this? I would assume that regardless of when the promotion ended, I bought a product from eircom under the agreed pricew of €0, and now they are charging me for it.

Their complaints department keep fobbing me off. I have rang 3 times, cannot get any complaint ref number and whenever I ask to speak to a supervisor they say "Yes, I have sent them a message and they will call you back..." which has gotton me nowhere yet. I have also read on other threads that ComReg is completely useless.

Does anybody know if there is an eircom office I can call into in person to get this sorted out?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have nothing in writing, then you have nothing. The fact that the free connection period had expired the day before you ordered, means you have doubly nothing to go on.

Advertisement