Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Noise

• 04-10-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

This might be an odd one, but I thought why not post here to see can I get any idea?

I live on the tramore road, just pastt he roundabout. Today at about 12:30 or 1 in the afternoon, I heard what sounded like a whole load of people shouting and horns blowing. It was very loud. The house is a bit away from everywhere else and the only place it could have come from was the main road? I went down there and there was nothing. It was really odd. The voices sounded like they were in serious panic and distress. I saw two squad cars milling around the tramore road a few minutes later.

It really was the strangest thing? I know its a long shot, but did anyone hear anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

You didn't happen to see this around the area did you?

smoke-monster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

haha, no I didnt!!

Sounds kinda apt thoug. I really cant describe it?

Itjust made me feel real uneasy, if thgat makes sense?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

m3llowship wrote: »
    haha, no I didnt!!

Sounds kinda apt thoug. I really cant describe it?

Itjust made me feel real uneasy, if thgat makes sense?

Perhaps it was some of our travelling cousins having a little horse and trap race on the main road. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

It certainly is a mystery OP! I didn't mean to make light of the situation with my original reply BTW, just thought it'd be a laugh. I might have to side with Beeker at the moment. Seems like the only plausible explanation.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Beeker wrote: »
    Perhaps it was some of our travelling cousins having a little horse and trap race on the main road. :mad:

Thats exactly what it was, I passed by there at 1pm and the had the old road heading for ballybeg closed off, There was easily about 50 or 60 there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ah the travelling race every day, yes i get to watch that glorious event at least once a day......nothing quite like it........especially when your stuck behind it and the road is too dodgy to be overtaking! :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

kryogen wrote: »
    ah the travelling race every day, yes i get to watch that glorious event at least once a day......nothing quite like it........especially when your stuck behind it and the road is too dodgy to be overtaking! :mad:
    Yes its just fantastic! The tourist board should advertise it to get visitors into the region:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Knocking them down on their pie ball ponies could be made a new extreme sport too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Knocking them down on their pie ball ponies could be made a new extreme sport too

Having a right laugh torturing and your family after they catch you will be light entertainment for them. :rolleyes:

Advertisement