Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jacket

Options
  • 04-10-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

hi guys thinking of investing in a new hillwalking jacket. anyone heard of or had any dealings with keela? looking at the keela munro jacket came recommended by a german friend living in scotland reckons there perfect for the kind of climate we have in britain and ireland. any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

I've a Keela jacket. It was fairly inexpensive. Quite bulky and thick, so good for terrible days when you're being blasted by the weather.
    I don't like it though as I find it's too bulky, heavy and not breathable enough. I find Berghaus and Patagonia excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Keela are used by a number of Scottish MR teams, along with some Welsh and a few English teams too....

That's a good enough endorsement in my books. I had a good chat with the Keela people at an MR conference a couple of years back and thought their people and products to be great - They showed interest in their customers and seem to actively incorporate design features asked for by their professional users.

Hope that helps,

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Depending what kind of size/body shape you are, you might pick up a real bargain in Patagonia's outlet on Exchequer St. in Dublin - Right time of year to go looking too....

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Hello Gil_Dub! Haven't been in touch with you for ages. Hope you'd a great summer

Advertisement